I Hate The New Db Drag Rules.

:lol: i have joined the boycott

i joined when i was doing 149 on burp on music, and then a van rolled up doing 163 No wall... :lol:

80,000 watts and 20 batteries tuned to 72, how you gonna compete with that :lol:

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

i joined when i was doing 149 on burp on music, and then a van rolled up doing 163 No wall... :lol:

80,000 watts and 20 batteries tuned to 72, how you gonna compete with that :lol:

Well you really can't. Lets face it to be a db dragger you have to have some serious dedication, time and money. testing, building and tuning almost every spare time you got just to gain 1/10 of db. but its a challenge and you got to be up to it. There is no practicality in it, like there is no practicality in playing your system for 30 seconds straight to control it to hit that perfect 9.9. BUT ITS FUN!!!!!

Drag or Race your a db dragger. Bass Race has seriously saved this sport but, without the manufactures this sport wouldn't exist. In order for us to develope back to the level Db Drag was when it first started it has to evolve. I'm not sure though if the approach is being done correctly.

well why don't all of you go on the the DB Drag website and express your feelings, Wayne has no clue, but only a several people that post, i try too post everyday to save S/M 1-2 and come up with new ideas but i don't think he cares about 1 person, also he doesn't know that he may lose alot of competitors from the west. Wayne wants to bring in more competitors so called newbies, or new blood, which is a great idea, but why screw with the upper classes? Because he doesn't want to pay for trophies! which i don't remember him paying for i thought our money and entry fee pays for that also the money that stores give to throw shows. OH DAMN HERE I GO AGAIN.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

well why don't all of you go on the the DB Drag website and express your feelings, Wayne has no clue, but only a several people that post, i try too post everyday to save S/M 1-2 and come up with new ideas but i don't think he cares about 1 person, also he doesn't know that he may lose alot of competitors from the west. Wayne wants to bring in more competitors so called newbies, or new blood, which is a great idea, but why screw with the upper classes? Because he doesn't want to pay for trophies! which i don't remember him paying for i thought our money and entry fee pays for that also the money that stores give to throw shows. OH DAMN HERE I GO AGAIN.

exactly on the pouint of the compettitors pay... there is a certain show coming up rather shortly that a hand full of the playrs opted to pony up the fee for doug to come here just so we could have the show. that is not our responsability.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

I for one think that the changes we off based. Even though it doesn't effect me it does. I would hate to loose the competitor base we have now to include people that may or may not compete. On the other side of that, I don't compete in these classes because of cost. I can't justify building a system that needs that much money in the car to be competitive. I think they should look at what they are not doing.

Advertising.

It's a little trick called bring the business to you. Posting date on a few websites isn't gonna cut it. Some of the best shows we have are when they are tied into another show. For example look at Autorama. It's the 1st show of the year and it gets the biggest hype. Why?

It brings the people. and people like a show. And we as much as some don't want to admit, we like to show off. These same people at this show would be more then happy to come to the next if they knew exactly when and where. And I bet you some might bring there car and compete. ;)

Yelling out some web address ain't gonna cut it. they are flooded with that kind of shit all the time. Flyer's help. Getting with a store I bet would really help.

We expect a store to fork up some dough to hold a show Why? whats in it for them? they get a bunch of cars with product they don't carry pulling up to there store and showing everyone else their shit sucks. That would be a tough sell to me too. And it's not like we as competitors buy anything. It's bad ROI for the store to hold shows.

We as DB Drag did nothing for the shop putting on the show and that is what needs to be addressed. I bet if we had the next show already lined out in stone and did a little advertising at AR we would see a bigger turnout at that next show.

We also need to do a better job mixing in with other car shows. We can be the dog & pony show for these kind of events. I bet ya these would bring in more people to that next show as well.

Let me ask you old timers this. How did you find DB Drag / Usaci or the other orgs?

Me, I had just put a system into the ol' Lady's car. I had gone into a shop to pick up some fuses and they had a flayer sitting on the counter. I went to the show, was to scared to compete but then kept tabs on when the next shows were. But it took that little note saying come check out this for me to remember to get my ass out the door.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I for one think that the changes we off based. Even though it doesn't effect me it does. I would hate to loose the competitor base we have now to include people that may or may not compete. On the other side of that, I don't compete in these classes because of cost. I can't justify building a system that needs that much money in the car to be competitive. I think they should look at what they are not doing.

Advertising.

It's a little trick called bring the business to you. Posting date on a few websites isn't gonna cut it. Some of the best shows we have are when they are tied into another show. For example look at Autorama. It's the 1st show of the year and it gets the biggest hype. Why?

It brings the people. and people like a show. And we as much as some don't want to admit, we like to show off. These same people at this show would be more then happy to come to the next if they knew exactly when and where. And I bet you some might bring there car and compete. ;)

Yelling out some web address ain't gonna cut it. they are flooded with that kind of shit all the time. Flyer's help. Getting with a store I bet would really help.

We expect a store to fork up some dough to hold a show Why? whats in it for them? they get a bunch of cars with product they don't carry pulling up to there store and showing everyone else their shit sucks. That would be a tough sell to me too. And it's not like we as competitors buy anything. It's bad ROI for the store to hold shows.

We as DB Drag did nothing for the shop putting on the show and that is what needs to be addressed. I bet if we had the next show already lined out in stone and did a little advertising at AR we would see a bigger turnout at that next show.

We also need to do a better job mixing in with other car shows. We can be the dog & pony show for these kind of events. I bet ya these would bring in more people to that next show as well.

Let me ask you old timers this. How did you find DB Drag / Usaci or the other orgs?

Me, I had just put a system into the ol' Lady's car. I had gone into a shop to pick up some fuses and they had a flayer sitting on the counter. I went to the show, was to scared to compete but then kept tabs on when the next shows were. But it took that little note saying come check out this for me to remember to get my ass out the door.

i had seen comps here and there back in 2000 and then happend to see a Flyer at a shp that was advertising autorama2001 w/sound comp. and other than that it was talking to other competitors that i have met to find out about the next show. I have only had the internet for a year so any on-line ads i never knew about and a lot of shows also. promoters need to pound the pavement and drop flyers not just at one shop... but at alot of the shops. Also what happend to the god old days of a prize purse. Hell back in the beginning they handed out whole vehicals for a national title, now you recieve a jacket.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

[/quote

I heard it from a customer. When I use to work at "the good guys". I guy came in and was asking about a head unit. We got to talking and I started explainng the build I was doing for one of my co-workers. Started pointing out components we were putting together. He ended up asking for some custom work and at the time our installers we're tied up but, we reffered them to a high end shop up in Hayward that could handle what he wanted and have it done within the time frame. He came back about two weeks later with the car so I could check it out and say thanks. By then I started in on my co-workers vehicle he said I should bring it out to this sound off at Circuit City on Sunday. This was Friday so I pulled an all nighter that night through Saturday and finished up early Sunday morning. Went to the show with the car. Made brackets and went through a full field. to take first. Clay was the Judge that day, this was back in '98.

why do they change them. why not have set as a standard and KEEP them that way.

this may sound dumb but i love our small local shows with our "db drag" only rules we have is keep your windows up, no revving above 1.5k RMP, placement of the mic (which we put in and take out) and out classes are into intervals or 10 and anything above 48 is our extreme class.

kinda cheesy but everyone loves it and make for a fun show.

doug stockton doe sthem different.. here it is windows up, and motor off.. so.. all DB drag is does that way in his shows.. then he inspects your system to amke sure you are in the right class..

IM A LOW LIFE SCAMMER SO I WAS BANT....TEH HAMMA is NOT my friend

doug stockton doe sthem different.. here it is windows up, and motor off.. so.. all DB drag is does that way in his shows.. then he inspects your system to amke sure you are in the right class..

He is talking about local DB Drag "style" shows. Not official DB Drag shows. There are plenty of shops around the country that host their "own" style of show to support their shop.

I go to one up in Anderson every year that is tied into a car show that it DB Drag "style"

So it's not Doug that does them different ;)

Edited by kingsuv

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)