Sundown Audio

Here is a question for you about amps

Jessica

Leavenworth, right next to Missouri. Well I live in Highland during the week because of college, don't ever visit this place.

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Aside all these funny post

Can someone actually give a logical explanation

I understand but maybe their gain matched and set to give the same wattage same settings on filter

No I'm not going to try it

Maybe I should try and reach out snafu so he can start a thread like the ones from the caps

Aside all these funny post

Can someone actually give a logical explanation

I understand but maybe their gain matched and set to give the same wattage same settings on filter

No I'm not going to try it

Maybe I should try and reach out snafu so he can start a thread like the ones from the caps

Yeah, i just cant really put it into word other than i told her that it would only be the lower of the two wattages if i ran each amp to one coil. Plus, Each amp would probably have a different output curve based on input voltages because of design differences.

I also want to clarify something. I said that my wife is an idiot, she is siting right here and told me to say that. I respect my wife, but she is a smart ass sometimes.

"Paralleled Amplifier" from Wikipedia:

Representative schematic of a paralleled amplifier configuration.

A paralleled amplifier configuration uses multiple amplifiers in parallel, i.e., two or more amplifiers operating in-phase into a common load.

In this mode the available output CURRENT is doubled but the output voltage remains the same. The output impedance of the pair is now halved.

The image shows two identical amplifiers A1 and A2 connected in parallel configuration. This configuration is often used when a single amplifier is incapable of being operated into a low impedance load or dissipation per amplifier is to be reduced without increasing the load impedance or reducing power delivered to the load. For example, if two identical amplifiers (each rated for operation into 4 Ω) are paralleled into a 4 Ω load, each amplifier sees an equivalent of 8 Ω since the output current is now shared by both amplifiers each amplifier supplies half the load current, and the dissipation per amplifier is halved. This configuration (ideally or theoretically) requires each amplifier to be exactly identical to the other(s), or they will appear as loads to each other. Practically, each amplifier must satisfy the following:

Each amplifier must have as little output DC offset as possible (ideally zero offset) at no signal, otherwise the amplifier with the higher offset will try to drive current into the one with lesser offset thereby increasing dissipation. Equal offsets are also not acceptable since this will cause unwanted current (and dissipation) in the load. These are taken care of by adding an offset nulling circuit to each amplifier.

The gains of the amplifiers must be as closely matched as possible so that the outputs don't try to drive each other when signal is present.

In addition, small resistors (much less than the load impedance, not shown in the schematic) are added in series with each amplifier's output to enable proper current sharing between the amplifiers. These resistances are necessary, without them the amplifiers will in practice fight each other and overheat.

Basically you have a great possibility of the amps fighting each other and one of them getting damaged.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I so guess in plain terms, the amps will kill each other off till one's superior.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I so guess in plain terms, the amps will kill each other off till one's superior.

Now theirs a way to find out which amp is better

Hmmm, we may be on to something...

AMP WARS......!

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I am trying to explain to my wife why i can't take a polk carbon 600 watt mono amp and a kenwood 9105d mono amp and hook them both to the same speaker and get 1500 watts out of it.

Maybe you guys can help, cause i cant explain it so that she can understand. She knows nothing about car audio or electronics. So keep it simple.

So let's assume this is a DVC speaker what would you say it will happen?

Archived