8ight Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 I need some badass 6.5 coaxs or components, here's the catch, not a hair over 2.4" of mounting depth What do you have, SMD? I'm playing with 150 real watts/ch too... I'm gonna hate
Krakin Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 The Skar VXI65 Component set are only a 120w RMS but they have a mounting depth of 2.36". Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Skullz Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Not long ago they were being sold for much less but these are still some badass speakers for the price and they can handle quite a bit of power, i'm pretty certain mine are seeing 225w and take it like a champ. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-P660C-6-1-2-2-Way-POWER-SERIES-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-SYSTEM-6-5-P-660C-/170980036576?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item27cf344fe0 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Raptorman Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Those skars will be nice. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
8ight Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 The Skar VXI65 Component set are only a 120w RMS but they have a mounting depth of 2.36". Those skars will be nice. For my own reasons I will never own Skar anything. I'm gonna hate
8ight Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 Not long ago they were being sold for much less but these are still some badass speakers for the price and they can handle quite a bit of power, i'm pretty certain mine are seeing 225w and take it like a champ. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBL-P660C-6-1-2-2-Way-POWER-SERIES-CAR-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS-SYSTEM-6-5-P-660C-/170980036576?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item27cf344fe0 I have considered these. How do they sound? Midbass kick? EDIT: I need 4 ohm comps, trying to squeeze as much SQ outta them as I can without going install-crazy and doing time alignment and whatnot. I'm gonna hate
Omega5002 Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Digital Designs CS 6.5Mounting depth of 1.93 inches 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Neckbeard Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 cadence has some. but they are 6":/ Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
Skullz Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 They have plenty of midabass, and sound amazing for what you pay for. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
8ight Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 Digital Designs CS 6.5 Mounting depth of 1.93 inches They look a little on the small side. I won't fry them? I'm gonna hate
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.