Second Skin Audio

Box placement. Car gutted Pics up. Help Wanted.

Carbon

So I gutted the back area and the trunk to get ready for second skin. I need inputs on placement and structural integrity. Due to where the seats are located I will not be able to do a B-pillar wall or i cant fit in the car :(

Could I remove these 2 braces to make more room for the subs? Planning on sealing off the trunk or build a mini wall.

3gBvEn.jpg

IJ7BaS.jpg

I think you're gonna get mixed reviews on this. Me personally, I would probably be worried about structural integrity with those braces gone. Some may tell you their experience and opinions, but I.know it would scare me to remove them. If you had the ability to weld angle of box tubing agree the braces are gone, maybe I'm more of a vertical fashion, I'd consider removing them.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm with CleanSierra on this. I've never done anything like that, but I'd be afraid of structural integrity. Cars generally don't have things they don't need when it comes to things like that. I'm sure those are there for a reason. What's that reason? Not sure. Maybe you can try welding something perhaps stronger and smaller to make room for a box/pillar? If not, I'd just say trunk for batts or whatnot.

Sheena = pedobear

do theose braces unbolt?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have removed many braces like that ... mostly in nissans and never felts any difference in body flex when pushing the car... I mean some braces I wouldnt remove but id guess those are mainly there to help support weight on the seat backs ... again thats my opinion but id ditch em .. if your that concerned with the structural assistance id bet money that a length of box tubing or similar across the top of the opening would do more for the structure than that weak ass braces ... drill some holes and throw some grade 8 bolts with some large washers on the sheet metal side and call it a day

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

you can always take them out to put the box in and then put them back.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived