How to reduce HU output voltage??

You wasted money on your woofers if you intend to drive them with that amp. I spent $750 on two subs and bought an amp used that is nearly just as much as both subs brand new. I always expect to spend about as much on an amp as I do on subs, nothing like headroom.

I'm gonna hate

How can I possibly have wasted money when the subs Im running are 1000wrms and Im running one 1000wrms amp per sub? It doesnt matter how much an amp costs. Its all about power and efficiency, and if I can get what the subs need out of a $200 amp versus a $800+ rockford or other "name brand" why spend the extra cash..

I think the amp issue isn't really pertinant to OPs question.

If you have a multi meter: play a -0db tone through your head unit and measure your RCA voltage. Turn it up until it goes to 5v (or whatever you want your voltage to me), check that you aren't clipping, the remember the number that you turned the radio to. That is now your "max volume"

How can I possibly have wasted money when the subs Im running are 1000wrms and Im running one 1000wrms amp per sub? It doesnt matter how much an amp costs. Its all about power and efficiency, and if I can get what the subs need out of a $200 amp versus a $800+ rockford or other "name brand" why spend the extra cash..

there is a lot more to an amp than power and efficiency. there is a good reason those amps are so cheap. but you'll just learn that over time and with what everyone else is about to tell you lol

as to your question, turn the volume down, as said already. set your gains with the volume at %75 or lower, and dont go over that while listening, and you should be good to go.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise at rated power levels)

Power/Frequency (viewed as a line graph)

Two things that are very important to your sound quality. Two things that those AP amps are not known for. I'm not suggesting you buy "$800 name brand rockford amps" or anything of the sort. You could blow your subs with the power that sort of cash would buy. Think about the amount of R&D spent on a better amp as well as choice components, construction, and service quality you get before purchasing.

I'm gonna hate

a lot of people think they are building sick systems with sony too.

just saying.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived