windows 8

by "giant pile of crap" I take it as you just didn't know how to use it and got frustrated lmao

I've been using windows 8 since it came out and I love it...its a great mix between windows 7 and the new metro interface...It's definitely better with a touch screen as the metro start screen was basically made for one, I have an asus q200 and windows 8 works perfectly, love the new metro apps.

yup thats basically what i meant haha

I can defiantly see the benefit of it, its set to default boot to 7, but i can still boot in 8 if i want to...

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

See the thing with new OS models is well, people dont like change.

When I started working where I do, it took me 6 months to convince the other techs that Windows 7 was better than XP. You dont know how many times I heard "I dont understand why we just cant keep using XP" No one wanted to learn it.

Skip to Windows 8

You're talking about kernel level support for new features on hardware (as you can see the bios is one of them), faster boot times, better video handling, overall from a preformance standpoint, its better.

People bash it from a consumer point of view because the average customer has no idea that it handles HPET better, that it has better memory management, that its more secure, and that from a networking persepective, its has better support for IPv6. They just want their start menu back.

oh i fully agree with the change thing, because I do it! lol

i can definatly notice the difference with performance with the two! 8 is much much faster, its also alot smoother ya know? like it doesnt load, stall, then continue loading

Mum went into work today with her new laptop and one of the 'tech' guys said 'ill go get my stuff and put a decent operating system back on' (refering to windows 7) she said it has already been done, they then shut up and went back to their hole according to her.

Im happy i did it, and playing around with it was fun lol

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

The only thing i do not like with it, or think they missed is that whole start menu ordeal.

They needed to have an option to turn that app screen off, and enable a start menu, since it is made for touch screens and every computer is not a touch screen, even a lot of the new laptops dont offer touch screens.

My laptop is loaded spec wise, and no touchscreen, nor is it even an option, even if it was available, id wouldnt of spent the extra money on that, Id rather have raw processing power.

I wouldnt see it being as big of a deal if it was just a OS for laptops, but its for desk tops also, and that just adds more and more non compatible touch screen compatible machines to it due to no touch screen list. I sure know I wouldnt buy a monitor based on if it was touch screen only, especially since im a gamer

nah bro, touch screen makes it more realistic... you can feel the game!

seriosuly though, I do agree with you and i imagine it would a great system on a touchscreen and i would probably use metro because it would be easy, and it would make sence

but just teaching my mother how to use a program like 8 when she is used to 7 wasnt worth the benifits, the laptop gets turned on for a hour a day, and i didnt want to spend 40min of that on the phone with her when im at my place telling her what to do

so I did what I did and i don't regret it for her sake

The only thing i do not like with it, or think they missed is that whole start menu ordeal.

They needed to have an option to turn that app screen off, and enable a start menu, since it is made for touch screens and every computer is not a touch screen, even a lot of the new laptops dont offer touch screens.

My laptop is loaded spec wise, and no touchscreen, nor is it even an option, even if it was available, id wouldnt of spent the extra money on that, Id rather have raw processing power.

I wouldnt see it being as big of a deal if it was just a OS for laptops, but its for desk tops also, and that just adds more and more non compatible touch screen compatible machines to it due to no touch screen list. I sure know I wouldnt buy a monitor based on if it was touch screen only, especially since im a gamer

Having a higher DPI mouse helps, IMO. Mousewheel to scroll the menu and then I can just flick over to what I want.

Some of the Metro apps aren't bad as well.

The Newegg app is pretty cool, and being able to dock apps to the side is interesting as well.

I have Netflix docked to the right (watching the original Star Trek :)) and have the Newegg app (and desktop on the left). I had my mouse over the Netflix app so it would show the title, but normally it's just blank with the video in the middle. A bit of wasted space, but it beats having to shuffle the Windows Media Center window around (how I normally watch netflix).

win8stuff.png

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

That's what I've heard. It was made for touch screens (phones, tablets, etc) and offered on non touch screen things which is stupid. Like rather than changing some things around so it's more desktop compatible, it's like the exact same OS whether touchscreen or not. And that's where the most complaints come from, at least from what I've heard. I personally haven't used it yet, not sure I ever want to. I'm cool with 7, why do an upgrade to 8 when I'm happy with 7? If I buy a new computer, then ok maybe, but I'm not going to go out and buy 8 when I have zero complaints with 7.

Sheena = pedobear

if you want it like 7 just install the start bar its 5 bucks

There are many other options for free that are better. Just sayin.

As far as metro, yes, I do believe that the metro interface should be way more refined. I still have yet to mess with the enterprise version, but I hear it has some sweet multi monitor functions, as well as the start menu.

I do applaud Microsoft for pushing the limits though and driving innovation in a dying PC market.

Archived