Damn we will see. Ill try and fix the problem before I go buying belts lol

Idk which belt is squealing since there are 3 of them

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Check on pulley alignment. If one is off even slightly it will rub the side of the belt and cause it to squeel. If you don't have a laser alignment tool you can take a piece of sand paper on a wrench (or stick what ever keeps you hands away from the belt) and put it on the side of the belt while the engine is running. If your sound goes away while the sand paper is on the belt you know it is the belt rubbing on the lip of a pulley. You can use belt dressing on one belt at a time to see what belt is making the noise.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Sure it is the belt? Could be the tensioner bearing.

Spray WD40 on the back side of the tensioner bearing and see if it quiets. Not too much, because if it is not the problem, don't want WD40 all over it.

3 belts - take them off and run one at a time to see which one is causing the noise. Won't hurt to run it for 15-20 seconds to test. With the engine cold is best when you have the water pump disconnected.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Thanks for all the help guys. Going to work on it all day tomorrow and figure this thing out. Will report back!

Brian tbh idk if it's the belt. Knowing my luck it will be the bearing now lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

narrowed it down to my alt

guess the bearings on the alt are shot!

will be getting new H/O alt to replace ;)

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Make sure you won't put too much pressure on the belt if you install the new alt, it has a specific pressure, it should be at that tension and not above or below. :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm connitech head to toe on all my belts under there. Zero problems.

Dads been a mechanic for the emergency vehicles in Fort Lauderdale for 10 years, was ata high end muffler shop for 5 years before that and has ran his own automotive and marine repair business for over 16 years now. Haven't seen 1 thing he can't fix.

Made my lemon car into one reliable ass honda.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Make sure you won't put too much pressure on the belt if you install the new alt, it has a specific pressure, it should be at that tension and not above or below. :)

yeah i think thats why i need a new alt, was a little tight. but it is a 6 year old alt... idk if thats old for an alt

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

Archived