Tweeters Fading Out at High Volume

KScarboy

Bass Boost has nothing to do with tweeters ... I'm not sure why thats even in the equasion ...

If he has his crossover set to anything below 3000 htz ... major problems with the crossover network ...

if everything works fine until he cranks it up full tilt, something is giving up ...

I'm asuming that this is is a 2 way passive component system ... I'm wondering why he has a 4 channel amp listed with no rear drivers listed ???

It would help if we had just a wee bit more details of his system than what he has posted in his signature ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Bass Boost has nothing to do with tweeters ... I'm not sure why thats even in the equasion ...

If he has his crossover set to anything below 3000 htz ... major problems with the crossover network ...

if everything works fine until he cranks it up full tilt, something is giving up ...

I'm asuming that this is is a 2 way passive component system ... I'm wondering why he has a 4 channel amp listed with no rear drivers listed ???

It would help if we had just a wee bit more details of his system than what he has posted in his signature ...

You are correct about the speakers being two way component sets. I also do have a small Kinetic battery in the trunk, big three, and the alt is rater for 130 amps, but actually puts out about 145 (I tested it at school), which I know is still not very much in the grand scheme of things. There are four crossovers, four 6.5's, and four tweeters on the system. So each channel of the amp is wired to its own crossover, 6.5, and tweeter. I hope that is the more information that you were looking for. Its extremely frustrating to me how this problem just came up after a few months and not right away! It has me baffled lol I'm still leaning towards the equalizer and head unit combo being a major source of the problem though. Once I get this problem figured out, or narrowed down to being the equalizer which I am thinking. I plan to buy a Pioneer Deh 80 prs and eliminate the equalizer all together since that head unit has a 16 or 17 band eq built in.

-1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

-Skar 1500.1d

-Two Skar VVX 12's

-Two Skar VXI65 component sets

-MB Quart 125.4

-Clarion EQS746

-Stinger zero gauge power wire

-Big three

-Kinetic HC600 in trunk

• 4 years later...
On 3/12/2013 at 8:42 PM, KScarboy said:

You are correct about the speakers being two way component sets. I also do have a small Kinetic battery in the trunk, big three, and the alt is rater for 130 amps, but actually puts out about 145 (I tested it at school), which I know is still not very much in the grand scheme of things. There are four crossovers, four 6.5's, and four tweeters on the system. So each channel of the amp is wired to its own crossover, 6.5, and tweeter. I hope that is the more information that you were looking for. Its extremely frustrating to me how this problem just came up after a few months and not right away! It has me baffled lol I'm still leaning towards the equalizer and head unit combo being a major source of the problem though. Once I get this problem figured out, or narrowed down to being the equalizer which I am thinking. I plan to buy a Pioneer Deh 80 prs and eliminate the equalizer all together since that head unit has a 16 or 17 band eq built in.

Did you ever get this tweeter issue resolved? I recently installed 2 sets of the skar audio vxi65 components and I have the same tweeter issue.

I don't think kscarboy is still around. You might be able to contact skar directly to see what they say. The protection circuit might be wearing out if you have hit it a few times. It might get a little weaker every time it is hit. If you find the answer, start a new thread and let us know what it was.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived