No H/O alternator available for my car???

I went to a well known auto electrical shop in my area to get a quote on a HO ALT for my 2007 Ford Fusion.

He said there was pretty much 4 main places in the US to deal with in this area, Mechman being one of them. He spent about 20 minutes making calls.

He called all of his sources and came back with nothing, he said no one is making a HO alt for my car. He said there is a couple companies reselling the stock alternator as a HO alternator, but there is no modifications to what so ever, therefore its still a stock alternator, you just pay more for it because its claimed to be HO.

Thoughts, opinions, and HELP PLEASE haha

I really need to get this electrical upgrade underway and this is not going to help.

He did explain some very detailed logic behind all this also, and it did make sense.

I told him that I thought mechman did a 220/ 240 amp for my car and he said he checked with mechman, and it was just the stock 150 amp alternator being sold as one "said" to have greater output, but realistically is just another stock alternator with a higher price tag.

Im sure he wouldn't pass up a sale either, but this guy was being straight forward and honest. He's been doing this his whole life.

Bottom line, I need a HO alt, does anyone know someone trustful that can build me one?

XS-power1.jpg

why dont you get ahold of mechman, or dc power or singer alternators yourself. You have the year and make of the car, and you should know if its a 2 or 4 pin regulator.. Might be worth looking into the alternator in case that guy was wrong.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

DC power list a 250 or 270 for your car.....Did you look at them

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/high-output-alternators.html?make=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2007

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Mechman told me through email they didn't make one for my car. I called them and talked to them and got a "universal fit" small case that will work with a bracket. I have looked at my car and i may not even need a bracket if i am lucky. I would call them and make sure.

I know at least mechman or DC does...... because teh ninja has one in his fusion.

Yea but ninja was telling me that the one he got did next to nothing, that the PCM control doesn't allow for greater output alts, which makes me think he got sold potentially a stock one and that may have been where ever he got it froms excuse of why its not performing greater

XS-power1.jpg

Archived