Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

big3 first. Then an extra AGM battery in the back.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

so you ordered a BRZ2100 already?....Hifonics are a bit power hungry so make sure you beef up your electrical...

Well actually turns out my credit card expired so it voided the order. You suggesting a different amp?

I can tell you a couple of things on the BRZs you won't see rated power unless you are at sustained 14.4V so on stock electrical you will never see rated, then there are above average reliability issues reported on these amps than with many other amps. it may be just that they sell much more units, user error or since they are cheap you can't exclude they use subpar components. I will still recommend them to someone that simply can't afford something better. If you can it's very likely won't regret getting something else.

so you ordered a BRZ2100 already?....Hifonics are a bit power hungry so make sure you beef up your electrical...

Well actually turns out my credit card expired so it voided the order. You suggesting a different amp?

I can tell you a couple of things on the BRZs you won't see rated power unless you are at sustained 14.4V so on stock electrical you will never see rated, then there are above average reliability issues reported on these amps than with many other amps. it may be just that they sell much more units, user error or since they are cheap you can't exclude they use subpar components. I will still recommend them to someone that simply can't afford something better. If you can it's very likely won't regret getting something else.

I think its not just BRZ that you wont get rated power unless you are sustained at 14.4, that statement actually is a plus because if an amp will do rated power at 14.4 then its a good amp.

my suggestion if you need 2k go one model up brz 2400 so on 12.8 you should hit the 2k you need, if you need 1700 go to 2100 if you need 1300 then go 1700.

If you dont even have an extra battery I think you would be very happy with the 2100, you just need an extra battery and you should be done then big 3 later on.

It is worth it to spend the little extra money to upgrade to the 2400.1D for more power. you can always reduce the power output on the amp if you have to. Im just saying that you may wish further down the road that you would have gotten the bigger amp because I am sure you will want to expand at some point in the future.

my brz2100 just came in last night. Im doing the big 3 this weekend then adding an extra battery in the back very soon. I have used the hifonics amps WAAAAAY back when they were got their name out there and if i recall correctly it was in the early 2000's when i got my first one and it was the brutus 1200.1. NEVER had a issue with it and it was in a 91 CRXsi with all stock electrical and only a 4 or 5 farad cap i think pushing 2 RF he2 punch 15's. I loved the setup up and never had an issue. I actually sold the amp to a friend after using it for about a year or so and he used it for the next 3 years or so until he sold his tahoe. I loved them then and they are even better now. They are power hungry though but thats about the only bad thing i have to say for them.

i have never used their amps but i did purchase their BigBang 12 inch sub about 2 years ago to put into my 91 civic hatch and man that thing was rather impressive. Very responsive, hit nice lows and sounded pretty clean. I was rather impressed with it and didnt spend much on it and the ported box it came with. As far as the amps though thats a different story they could be worth nothing more than a paper weight idk.

i have never used their amps but i did purchase their BigBang 12 inch sub about 2 years ago to put into my 91 civic hatch and man that thing was rather impressive. Very responsive, hit nice lows and sounded pretty clean. I was rather impressed with it and didnt spend much on it and the ported box it came with. As far as the amps though thats a different story they could be worth nothing more than a paper weight idk.

I had some BB12s too they were great subs. Unfortunately I beat the shit out of them and the surrounds ripped

Archived