Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

I want to recone mine to dual 2 ohms so I can run them at .5 on my SQ 2200 The last I talked to them they were not making the recone for the HDC 3 yet. Maybe that has changed....

Don't recone. The coils they are using now are junk. There are many people having issues with the "new" coils. I ran the piss out of the AQ sdc2.5s today giving demos and they never got smelly once. whereas the hds3 would've on 2 songs (with the port plug in), even though I had it in for all demos.

edit: for those of you reading this now, I have since gotten new hds3's as one was "blown" (defective, but they claimed it was due to clipping) long story short I got new hds3s after some run around. They now preform better than the SDC2.5s. There must've been an early batch of hds3s that were bad. The ones with the non stitched surround, were the ones I orginally recieved. Current ones have stitched surround and have been fantastic.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Nathan also got a video today of the stratass

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Wish i coulda been there with you and nate mr grant!

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Are you certain that the other subs being able to handle music better for you isn't simply a function of their impedance curve? Actually seeing less power in your application?

Of course this company has been notorious for poor quality softparts and not honoring warranty on blown subs, but if you're not running impedance sweeps on the box loaded with each different woofer you don't know the whole story here.

sounds like it's time to try another company...*cough cough Tantric cough cough*

But in all honesty, 2 HD's on 2 2200's would be killer. They are like AQ/SQ woofers and like bigger boxes too. Not near the low price of SQ woofers, but they are, in my opinion, of higher build quality...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You like music better with the plug in?

Oh hell yeah. I kill DJSNTs stuff. Obviously not the stupid low shit. but 27hz and up. I'm probably doing a 43 at 28hz I could go out and meter real quick if anyone want proof. I just like the sound of the lows on DJSNTs music, seems cleaner imo.

Are you certain that the other subs being able to handle music better for you isn't simply a function of their impedance curve? Actually seeing less power in your application?

Of course this company has been notorious for poor quality softparts and not honoring warranty on blown subs, but if you're not running impedance sweeps on the box loaded with each different woofer you don't know the whole story here.

I don't have the tool to run an impedance sweep or else I would, I do have a SPL Lab to do spl sweeps. Granted it is not the same.The HDSs seemed to be louder on music and more musical. But they got smelly just as quick if not quicker than what my SDCs did. That all could have been a placebo effect of having new woofers though. With my SDCs back in they seem to do fine on music, and I haven't gotten them smelly once. I did retune with the DD.1 though so that could make a difference. I have yet to reinstall the HDSs to see if they get smelly after I retuned.

Needless to say SQ is about to loose existing customers and future ones, because I am done recommending their trash coils as I am not the only one having issues with the coils they have moved onto using.

Who alse is having issues? My hdc 3 is holding up great on crapy electrical and clipping lol. All tho she does get smelly if I run voltage down to much

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Who alse is having issues? My hdc 3 is holding up great on crapy electrical and clipping lol. All tho she does get smelly if I run voltage down to much

Someone else running a pair of hdc3 15s each on a 1500w amp, he fried the coils with minor clipping. Then another running HDS3 12's, same amp that I was his are getting smelly just the same as mine. Only person I know that is having awesome luck with the hds3 12s is soundstream15 (iirc). But even he is wanting to switch considering how well my old sdc2.5s are handling the power and all the bad news with the coils

Archived