Single Input, Bi-Amp, Daisy Chain, or all connected?

shepherd92683

I am running 2 sets of Boston Pros on a Boston 2125 at 1 ohm stereo and have been running them single input from day one. The amp really is only about half the power they can take so I'm looking into the other wiring config's to try to optimize sound/power until I upgrade this amp to a 150 or 200x4 @ 2ohms. Can anyone give me some help on which way to go here or where to find the right info? This is a PDF of the Pro60 manual and the config's are shown at the bottom.

http://assets.sonicelectronix.com/manuals/bostonacoustics/pro60seom.pdf

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

I think bi-amp is best for tuning ability, then active would be the best but you have to be set up for that. definately need to invest in some new amps. But it all starts at the HU.

Good Luck buddy!

• 2 weeks later...

I did more research and think that I may get a Boston GT4100 and run it bi-amped. Running active would be great but the crossovers on the Pro's are 24db/octave and the amp is 12/24db on low pass and 12db on high pass. Being able to run the mids on 2 channels and the tweets on the other will give me much more flexibility to maximize the efficiency of the mids. I cant really think of any better way to run them unless someone else has an idea.

Build coming soon

• 1 month later...

I got the amp installed and it sounds phenomenal!! Very happy I got it and for an amazing price too. I have still been playing with the tuning some since Ive only had it in about 2 weeks. Im running it bi-amped and will more than likely keep it that way. Its nice to finally hear the full potential of my Boston Pro's!

gt4100.jpg

Still some wires to clean up...

Build coming soon

Nice amp ... I run everything at 4 ohms stereo.

Just wondering why you would want to run at lower ohm loads and take the chance of introducing distortion to your system ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have a set of the boston pro 60 SE's and they are 3 ohm speakers. Are your bostons the SEs or no? What ohm load is your amp seeing now? And how much power are you feeding them.

They are the SE's and the amp is running 1 ohm stereo which is what it is capable of. I haven't really calculated how much power they are really seeing but I've heard from a 3rd party (not Boston) that it does 225x4@ 1 ohm. That's the mids seeing 110 each and I have about 90ish to the tweets. If gains/xovers are set properly distortion should be very minimal if any. I'm not interested in running anymore amps is the main reason though.

Build coming soon

Archived