Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with box.


98_sport

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm currently running two alpine type-R model SWR-1243Ds. I was wanting to build a box with the subs firing upwards and the port towards the rear. I'm going to be running a square port. I will be using a router and rounding the edges off and all around the box. I need help with some specs to build a box.
the subwoofers specs are:

Ideal Ported Volume: 1.5 ft^3/woofer

Vas (liters): 38

Fs (Hz): 31

Qts: 0.53

Xmax (millimeters): 20

I listen to a good mixture of music; Rock, country, rap. Not much metal or anything. I'm thinking around 28-32Hz port tuning?

I'm a pretty good builder but I really lack when it comes to the math involved with building speaker enclosures. I'm working with a '98 Ford Explorer Sport (the two door model explorer) I plan on using a sheet of MDF and raising the floor and running all wires and amps below the box with a plexi-glass cover over the amp. Any help with box and cut measurements would be awesome.

Posted

Here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34.3 Hz
Vb = 4 ft^3

External Height = 16.75 in
External Width = 37 in
External Depth = 19 in

Port Width = 15 in
Port Height = 3 1/2 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 37 x 19

Left & Right Sides = 17 1/2 x 14 1/2

Front & Back = 37 x 14 1/2

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 14 x 16 1/2
Extension = 3 x 16 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:
14 x 3 1/2
7 1/4 x 3 1/2
Port Right Side Assembly:
14 x 3 1/2
7 1/4 x 3 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

2dcl3supb.jpg


Important notes:

- The port needs 3 1/2" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Posted

I'm not too worried about all that. I've taken shop class and have been NCCER certified for a while, i know my way around with wood and tools. And I have probably 3-4 large sheets of MDF at my disposal. Either way, Thanks very much on all the info, I'd appreciate if you could maybe get specs on the second box you sent a render of?

Posted

I'm not too worried about all that. I've taken shop class and have been NCCER certified for a while, i know my way around with wood and tools. And I have probably 3-4 large sheets of MDF at my disposal. Either way, Thanks very much on all the info, I'd appreciate if you could maybe get specs on the second box you sent a render of?

So I added above a port across the bottom version.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Hello there...new to forum... need some help with demensions for a box for best possible sound n of course, thundering bass...available space in 08 civic is 32Wx25Dx18H...was wondering port opening width n length? demensions could possible have to be changed due to opening...but only by a inch width n depth...id appreciate any help...speaker is a 15 L7

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 434 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...