I used vht nightshade on my trucks taillights and they came out good. I did a test run on a trailer light to see how many coats I needed then went directly to my taillights. If you do all the coats at one time then you don't really need to do the sanding to make them glossy. Mine came out super glossy with no sanding or clearing.

BABYJUICE

I did mine with niteshades. It adds a slight purple hue though - so your turn signals will look a bit more whitish, your brake lights will look deep red, and your reverse lights will have a purple hue to it.

Wetsand all over with 3000 grit, wipe with IPA - make sure it's super clean, spray the niteshates on evenly, let it dry, apply another coat if you want, then buff it with some polish so it's glossy. Apply it slightly darker than you want, since you will remove a bit of the product with the polishing process

Im not interested a film type of tint, Im interested in an opaque type of spray. I know the VHT product, but was curious what other spray on stuff was out there. Like I said, I'm familiar with prep and how to finish the paint work. I've got a nice buffer in the garage that I can get me a nice finish with after color sanding the clear. Im interested in a slight tint on headlights, parking lamps, and tails/third brake light.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I did mine with niteshades. It adds a slight purple hue though - so your turn signals will look a bit more whitish, your brake lights will look deep red, and your reverse lights will have a purple hue to it.

Wetsand all over with 3000 grit, wipe with IPA - make sure it's super clean, spray the niteshates on evenly, let it dry, apply another coat if you want, then buff it with some polish so it's glossy. Apply it slightly darker than you want, since you will remove a bit of the product with the polishing process

Very helpful run down, Hell, you've ALL been a big help here. Im really wanting to keep going with this murdered out look on the truck:

D01C159B-73A5-4E9B-9501-F932DAB807FF-412

A2A3D648-6C9F-4803-9ED9-CD77BC25D1E3-412

I had a buddy that paints cars do mine.. He used watered down black paint and it came out great.. He has done it for a few of my cars and many of my friends with great results.. Super glossy and still transparent..

Resampled_2012-04-22_19-39-23_406.jpg

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH
8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded)

B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)
2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE Amps

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids
6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters

2 - Selenium ST200 Supertweeters
DC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 270

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:
http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/

Team GG

I had a buddy that paints cars do mine.. He used watered down black paint and it came out great.. He has done it for a few of my cars and many of my friends with great results.. Super glossy and still transparent..

Resampled_2012-04-22_19-3-23_406.jpg

That looks so clean... One day I will own something like this :)

Edit: oh, and

27CBE1BC-1798-4833-9C68-D4118257A1C3-221

I'm just waiting or my ticket!

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

My dad paints, but he won't be down with tinting my tails. I also have a really good painter friend,but wanted to try something myself. Im loving that suburban by the way, looks sick.

My dad paints, but he won't be down with tinting my tails. I also have a really good painter friend,but wanted to try something myself. Im loving that suburban by the way, looks sick.

Thanks man! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

2000 Chevy Suburban
Pioneer AVHP8400BH
8 - 18" Fi SP4 Subwoofers (fully loaded)

B Pillar 4th Order (75 cubes)
2 - Ampere Audio 8.0 TFE Amps

RF T6004 Amp
RF T4002 Amp
4 - Selenium 8W4P Mids
8 - Selenium 6W4P Mids
6 - Crescendo XST2 Supertweeters

2 - Selenium ST200 Supertweeters
DC Power 320 Alt & Js Ultimate 270

11 - Group 31 Bats
Build Log:
http://www.stevemead...01bdcp-updated/

Team GG

If you can get the money for it you should either paint your bumpers black or get different ones, lovin the rest of the black on black on black on black look though lol

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Archived