Stupid math problem from facebook post

...so order of operations/PEMDAS doesn't work in this situation? Well fuck all my math teachers logic

It is all about how you define PEMDAS.

1- Parentheses

2- Exponents

3- Multiplication and Division(both hold the same weight)

4- Addition and Subtraction(both hold same weight)

It could very easily be called PEDMSA

I've always been told multiplication first then division and addition first before subtraction no matter what, I'm bout to go ape shit on some teachers lol

4+5-9=0 no matter what order you do it.

4-9+5

5+4-9

-9+4+5

yea addition and subtraction is commutable as long as you keep the signs right... multiplication and division you do them in the wrong order you can REALLY screw up your numbers :P

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Lol ok now I'm just gonna fuck this up.

You remember that when you hace 2(3x + 4)

You make this from that

6x + 8 =0

6x=-8. (Fuck stupid devide numbers)

X =1,33

So why not do this:

6 = 2(1 + 2)

6 = 2 + 4

6 = 6

So = 1

Well FUCK

cuz it's not 6= it's 6/ lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I am in this stupid ass argument on facebook with people that dont know what they are doing and wont listen.

never_argue_with_idiots_they_bring_you_d

...so order of operations/PEMDAS doesn't work in this situation? Well fuck all my math teachers logic

1- Parentheses

2- Exponents

I've always been told multiplication first then division and addition first before subtraction no matter what, I'm bout to go ape shit on some teachers lol

4-9+5

5+4-9

-9+4+5

yea addition and subtraction is commutable as long as you keep the signs right... multiplication and division you do them in the wrong order you can REALLY screw up your numbers :P

Well if you don't keep the signs right, you aren't adding and subtracting the same numbers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it 9,

6 divided by 2 is still 6 divided by 2, parentheses dont change that.

its 6/2 * (1+2)

you can even think of it like (6/2)(1+3)

-parentheses first

(6/2)*(1+3)

(3) * (3)

so

3*3=9

the way some guys are seeing this is

6/ (2*(1+2))

6/ (2*(3))

6/(6)

so

6/6=1

How do you know the 6 is not over everything not just the 2?

I am in this stupid ass argument on facebook with people that dont know what they are doing and wont listen.

never_argue_with_idiots_they_bring_you_d

my dad always says if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit :P

My Build Log

1- Parentheses

2- Exponents

4-9+5

5+4-9

-9+4+5

Well if you don't keep the signs right, you aren't adding and subtracting the same numbers.

yea ik that but for the ppl that aren't math ppl you still gotta be sure to include that cuz some ppl don't know the difference lol

My Build Log

Lol ok now I'm just gonna fuck this up.

You remember that when you hace 2(3x + 4)

You make this from that

6x + 8 =0

6x=-8. (Fuck stupid devide numbers)

X =1,33

So why not do this:

6 = 2(1 + 2)

6 = 2 + 4

6 = 6

So = 1

Well FUCK

You are close, but just doing the distribution wrong.

6/2(1+2) is the same as 3(1+2). Now you distribute the 3 out to (3+6)=9 Solved.

Archived