Sundown Audio

SQ Amp

98aurora

I love my AQ 120.4, and it would power those Type R components really well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If you want a "real" SQ amp on that budget I would poke around on eBay, lots of folks have no clue what they have with SQ equipment since it's a label slapped on everything down to the cheapest Kenwood nowadays. A "sound quality" amp does one thing- amplifies a signal with the lowest amount of distortion and coloration to faithfully reproduce the signal. Lots of "old school" equipment is good for this, otherwise look to brands like Zapco, Linear Power, Arc Audio, Sinfoni, McIntosh, Focal, and Rainbow.

I'm gonna hate

If you want a "real" SQ amp on that budget I would poke around on eBay, lots of folks have no clue what they have with SQ equipment since it's a label slapped on everything down to the cheapest Kenwood nowadays. A "sound quality" amp does one thing- amplifies a signal with the lowest amount of distortion and coloration to faithfully reproduce the signal. Lots of "old school" equipment is good for this, otherwise look to brands like Zapco, Linear Power, Arc Audio, Sinfoni, McIntosh, Focal, and Rainbow.

I would pick those brand over the well known Korean amps if I had the money.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

You won't get an SQ amp for that price new anywhere, as was said check ebay for old school amps.

Here in one that would be awesome. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRECISION-POWER-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-PPI-2200M-2X200wRMS-400watts-4ohm-load-/130854964792?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1e77904e38

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Whats a good SQ amp for around $300 I was thinking of the AQ q4-120. Any other suggestions? Its for Alpine Type R components

Alpine type R speakers are good quality mainstream speakers, not really SQ speakers such as Ranibow or Focal, so just buy a good quality amplifier for them.

I guess some JX series JL audio amp or Alpine amp will be more than enough, there are many amps that will be adequate for your speakers.

Whats a good SQ amp for around $300 I was thinking of the AQ q4-120. Any other suggestions? Its for Alpine Type R components

Alpine type R speakers are good quality mainstream speakers, not really SQ speakers such as Ranibow or Focal, so just buy a good quality amplifier for them.

I guess some JX series JL audio amp or Alpine amp will be more than enough, there are many amps that will be adequate for your speakers.

I would look to Rockford Fosgate also, they make excellent quality products amplifiers included.

I'm gonna hate

Archived