Sonic Electronix

Hi there

I need help deciding on what to do with my money. As of now my system is great, but its really only loud when it wants to be. There are probably a lot of things i don't understand about voltage but I know that it determines the output of my amp to some degree.

I have a brutus 1200d. (big surprise) w/the big three. Its on a stock battery wet cell 65ah 140 amp alt. I have my gains set with a DD-1 and its powering 2 12's @ 1 ohm. I have read many things about this amp being power hungry and I want to know if that has to do with its changes in output. People say its cheap but it costs more for the electrical to run it.

For instance I will be driving along and I will play it full tilt after driving for a bit and then let it off for a while. Then when I am almost home I turn it up again and its loud as hell. Sometimes its the opposite. other times the lows are almost gone and then they will be loud again.

Could this be solved by a new battery, new amp, or a better understanding of voltage?

i would say new amp sir but also how low does your voltage drop?

whats your voltage drop to while laying

As for that I don't exactly know for sure I took a video of it once to compare before and after big three. I think it got as low as 11.8 but only for a second. It tends to hang out in the low 13's and high 12's. That was when I was parked

I had a BRZ 1200 a while ago. It was always loud for me. Pulled a 143+ sealed with it at 1 ohm nominal on an HDC3 18 but my voltage was pretty sturdy. Maybe it's not your amp at all. What car do you have? It could be that your car is louder and lower when your windows are down?

E34 540iT/6

I had a BRZ 1200 a while ago. It was always loud for me. Pulled a 143+ sealed with it at 1 ohm nominal on an HDC3 18 but my voltage was pretty sturdy. Maybe it's not your amp at all. What car do you have? It could be that your car is louder and lower when your windows are down?

It's a volkswagen golf 4-door hatchback 2011. Actually now that you mention it the difference between the windows being up and down is night and day. but what does that have to do with the efficiency of the amp

Archived