I was driving yesterday, and my right front "Deflated" the problem is between the valves and the cylinder, b/c the tank is still holding pressure. When i engage my "up" valve, air is leaking badly out of the top of the cylinder. Well that would make sence, i should tighten the line into the fitting, then the fitting into the cylinder. But, it's also shooting air out of my dump valve too. This i dont understand, b/c when i hit the dump switch, it still clicks open and shut.

Tommorrow i am going to see what i can do to fix this, any ideas from anyone?

pull the dump valve and see if you can see anything in there keeping it from closing all the way, I would pull the cylinder and see if it is cracked @ a seam, also I would double check to make sure the fitting isnt crossthreaded before you go and start cranking it in more, is the cylinder aluminium? if so do becarefull cranking the threads to tight, you could possibly stretch the whole bigger aluminium is very soft so it doesnt take much force to stretch a thread out.

good luck and please post your solutions when you fix it.

Not a lot of experience with air cylinders, more so with bags, same concept though. But, your dump valve or the actual cylinder might have taken a crap on ya. But, i would definately check the lines/fittings going into both, they couldve back themselves out somehow. The dump valve might just be stuck partially(sp) open. Hope this helps a little

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

if the exhaust valves is working properly and closing then you might look at a short that is opening the exhaust valve at the same time that you are hitting the lift valves. do you have a switch box or just mounted switches?

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I would see about maybe a short in the box. BUT only if the exhaust valve is working correctly.

you could unplug the exhaust valve and see if it lifts.

PLEASE USE JACK STANDS AND SAFETY EQUPIMENT. Too many people don't and get crushed. things short out, valves activate, and boo boo's happen. don't be under it if something goes south.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

How did tighting your fittings on the can go? Some times there wont be enof pressure to hold the dump valve closed but ussaly if this the case the fill valve will leak to. Hopefully you just have a short some were like baggedbird said.

Archived