Why do people argue on car audio forums more than other forums?

I am curious about this phenomenon of people arguing on car audio forums. Not just this one but every car audio forum that I have visited. I have worked in the car audio industry since 1989 and although I left the industry a couple years ago I like to stay current on what is out there. I have many other interests as well and I am active on those forums as well.

Jeep forums

Deisel forums

Hot rod forums

Arguments on any of these other forums are rare yet arguing on car audio forums seems to be the norm. Occasionally we get the old guys arguing with the young guys on the hot rod forums about small vs. big wheels. When I started in car audio it was a community (even though there were no forums at the time) but it seems like it has become a brand war. Which is pretty funny since 80% of the industry consists of meciocre product and the other 20% are good products that only 12 people know about.

I am curious to hear what others think about the car audio community and why it is so popular to argue about what brand you think is best and how much you know vs someone else.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

because they want to add fuel to the fire.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

And so it begins, lol. If we can't argue about brands lets argue about why someone posts what they post, LOL. Read the forum category, "randon, misc posts".

why do so many people make threads that have no definite answers?

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

I don't see much arguing. But then again I don't really go in any other section besides this one :lol2: from what I gather, this is one of those things where people tend to think they know their shit when they actually don't and spread bad advice constantly and won't listen to what people have to say who actually knows what they are talking about.

Imagine on the diesel forum that 20 times a day somebody states that its okay to put gas in a Diesel engine and gets pissed when you say that's not true and this happens every day with a new misinformed person. Would get old after awhile right? Shitty example but I'm sure you catch my drift

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

because its fun to be a know it all and bash other people, trolling is fun, doing and saying what everyone else says and does is easy. a million reasons its the interwebs where being gangsta is just a click away!

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

And so it begins, lol. If we can't argue about brands lets argue about why someone posts what they post, LOL. Read the forum category, "randon, misc posts".

you ok..... dont get offended!! pretty sure i read the category this thread is in. Thanks tho for trying to help me

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I don't see much arguing. But then again I don't really go in any other section besides this one :lol2: from what I gather, this is one of those things where people tend to think they know their shit when they actually don't and spread bad advice constantly and won't listen to what people have to say who actually knows what they are talking about.

Imagine on the diesel forum that 20 times a day somebody states that its okay to put gas in a Diesel engine and gets pissed when you say that's not true and this happens every day with a new misinformed person. Would get old after awhile right? Shitty example but I'm sure you catch my drift

yuppers... agreed. To many people get so upset (butthurt) when someone counter acts their own question too... Shhhesh, this is just the internet!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

do i sense butthurt already? not even 10 posts in.

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

Archived