Parents Need A New Tv!

TV TIME  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which TV should my parents get?

• 32" Sony BRAVIA
    • 37" VIZIO
    • Other (specify with comment)

My parents are kind of old fashioned and they are FINALLY upgrading to a HDTV. They want to spend under $1000 and they are looking at the 32" Sony BRAVIA and the 37" VIZIO

you ain't been bizzy til you've been wit jizzy.

Vehicle:: 2005 Saturn Ion

Headunit:: Jensen 9312HD

Speakers:: RE SE Coaxials

Subwoofer(s):: (2) 15" RE SEs

Amplifier(s):: Audiopipe AP1500.1D

Audiopipe AP1504

Enclosure:: Sealed

Wire: KNU KONCEPTZ 1/0

Battery:: Kinetik HC600

Brother in law has a 37 vizio lcd had it for nearly 3 years no problems and loves it. Father in law got a (or rather I got him) 46" vizio lcd from sams club for 1000 bucks open box. Don't get a sony they are nice but overpriced, get a samsung over the sony. You will never notice the difference in tvs once you get the one you pick home. Here's a link to a 42" vizio from sams club for less than a grand even if you include a 3 year warranty...LINK...When i originally looked at tvs I told myself I'd get a samsung and now I want the new 120 hertz processor 1080p samsung or sony. Those tv's have exceptional quality of picture so much so that it kind of makes you sick when you watch true high def movies on it. But the cost is high. For me now though the vizio is hands down the tv to buy, as long as you don't get plasma, my buddy works at circuit city and the plasma they have on display has been replaced multiple times in the last year. They don't carry too many lcd's, so he doesn't have any experience with them. He bought a sony bravia 46" 1080p for a grand but it was open box. Research everywhere to get the best deal...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 60" bravia and I love it.... my brothers vizio has been swapped out twice now in a couple of months

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Vizio plasma's have problems...my buddy at circuit city has had numerous problems and they've been replaced more than a handful of times but the tv's are on all day everyday. But the lcd's tend to not be problematic. As long as it's vizio lcd you'll be just fine...this is an old thread though I wonder if they've already bought one?

gets a samsclub membership and buy a vizio. my uncle has had so many now cause theyre the best tv for the buck. its a no name brand but the picture is decent not like olevia crap and it doesnt crap out too much. at least with sams club they have a great warranty which will eventually put them out of business cause its that good. sony you get the name brand but picture quality wise i really dont think its THAT much better than the vizios they just jack up the price for the name. go with the vizio if you want the best bang for the buck or the sony if you want to be a bit more flashy.

Archived