Sonic Electronix

How Much Louder Would A Fully Loaded Btl 18" Be?

Right now I have two Kicker L7 15s being powered by a Hifonics 2607d. If I were to have a fully loaded BTL on this amp, how much louder would it be?

predicting is bad luck ive been told, so just hope for the best, it should be louder tho, and it will sound cleaner too, the btl will sound nicer, the l7 have a sound all there own

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

predicting is bad luck ive been told, so just hope for the best, it should be louder tho, and it will sound cleaner too, the btl will sound nicer, the l7 have a sound all there own

lol but I love predicting because I am always wanting something louder. I have been told that a fully loaded 18 BTL has roughly the same cone area but the cones are much better. Is a 5-6 cubic foot box good just for one fully loaded BTL and what is a good amount of wattage that will push this subwoofer?

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

lol but I love predicting because I am always wanting something louder. I have been told that a fully loaded 18 BTL has roughly the same cone area but the cones are much better. Is a 5-6 cubic foot box good just for one fully loaded BTL and what is a good amount of wattage that will push this subwoofer?

haha i'm in the same boat. i'm bout to get 2 more l7s. it's never loud enough

1 18" has about the same cone area as 2 15's? i dont think so. especially with the the kickers being square. cone are of one 18" = 254.47. cone are of 2 15" = 353.43. and that's a round sub, so kickers would have more cone area being square

so imo...the BTL definitely has potential to get much louder, but given that you're going to have the same power, and drop in cone area, that it wont be louder. but then again the type of enclosure also comes into play. 80% enclosure, 20% build

Edited by ExpoSport

i think with 1500 or so to eachL& in the proper enclosure they will be louder then the BTL.

cone area FTW!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer