Does A V12 Fit In A Chrysler 300c ?

I already drove a stock v6 with 205HP so i know how it is to drive a car. (It was on a closed track just to let you know)

i know i dont have my license yet

Im sorry, but I am still laughing...

205hp is nothing!

My car is pushing around 300 now maybe since the motor has a lot of mileage, but it still gets up and goes and will break my 20s loose in 2nd gear, and laughs at 5.0 mustangs :lol:

Oh and I drive a cadillac with a 4.6L 32valve HO northstar v8.

There is more to driving then going down or around the track. You have to be a defensive and offensive driver, learn to read what other drivers are going to do.

My driving dont scare me, its most the other idiots on the road that Im worried about.

A v12 in a 300c, that is just plan stupid IMO. But everyone can dream.

Id be happier with one of those other hemis that was posted (even the cheapest priced one). I dont know how the 300c's are made, but is their a frame or is it unibody? If there is no frame, 600+ is going to be ruff on the car without some sort of bracing I think the car will twist from the torque.

Also as someone else said, nothing is going to line up, such as your transmission, transmission mounts, motor mounts, drive shaft/axels.

And then your not including the wiring that will need to be done, You are most likely going to have to re-wire the cars computer since everything is going to be computer controlled for the stock 300c engine such as timming, all your engines sensors like the o2, etc. Your exhaust is going to be modded since it most likely wont line up. And you are also probolly going to run into other problems with interior items such as heat, a/c, speedo.

Its a headache in a half, and I bet most professional mechanics would not want to do this job. This seems like something that would take a month plus in time to do working on it hard core 12+ hours a day for a pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lM5SdMVlc...feature=related

This is front wheel drive stock, notice how it is now rear wheel drive.

I bet this coversion costed a shit load, but a v12 is not needed, but then again a 572 is not needed either. lol

dude not to sound like a jack ass, but the kind of questions you are asking and the fact that you came on car audio forum and are asking about something like this.... If you were actually serious about this, you would have done A LOT of research already and mos def gone to another forum that would much more be able to help you and start asking them questions. I realize its a dream but thats all it gonna be..... Sorry man if I came off kinda harsh

Like str8diesal said after you're not going to enjoy the car after you do this swap. First of all the 300 is too heavy for a light motor like that so you will be getting less power and torque than before the swap. Second thing is the estimates for 50K-60K is cheap all the welding, cutting, relocation, and conversions that you are going to have to do will put you over 100K trust me i know this. Also it will not be a good daily driver why do you think supercars are not driven around daily, they are built for speed and not convienence (sp). Im just as much a car performance enthusiast as you seem, but alway remember "function before fashion" if you want the engine just to say to stuffed it in there that is one thing but if you want to put down real power i would go with some of these other suggestions. The Hemi V8 can put down some real good numbers in that car. Not to hate on your dream but just puttin ya back to reality. What ever you do good luck.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

Archived