Second Skin Audio

T-Line

beaker

And just twice the line. But dont go and take my advice. I'm also curious..

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Tappered15InchT-Linewith45s-1.jpg

http://s113.beta.photobucket.com/user/kandiman71874/library/Applejack%2015%20inch%20t%20line%20build.

Thats a 1/4 wave for a 15 so as you can tell, its going to be roughly twice that big for a half wave considering you are planning for lower tuning.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

21.63 ft is the port length for a 1/2 wave, which from what I'm reading is the nominal size to change the phase of the wave 180 degrees. A full length T Line all it does is cancel the rear wavelength of the speaker for perfect roll off.

Kandiman, is that a tapered line? I notice the port gets smaller through the turns . . .

Sorry I kidna forgot about this thread until I looked through my content.

So max height and depth of the enclosure? and what side does the sub need to be facing...should the sub be on the same baffle as the port or on a different face?

I don't get home until 4-5...but Ill start playing with dims..and see how we can get the right amount of surface area and length in that space..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

chris if you can get an exact model for what he's asking i can model it for him and see if he likes the response of it. and if there's room, why not try a 1/4 folded horn instead of a 1/2 wave t-line? they're often used in home audio stuff.

and i also don't know about 1/2 wave t-line. not even quite sure what they'd do....

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

chris if you can get an exact model for what he's asking i can model it for him and see if he likes the response of it. and if there's room, why not try a 1/4 folded horn instead of a 1/2 wave t-line? they're often used in home audio stuff.

and i also don't know about 1/2 wave t-line. not even quite sure what they'd do....

I don't know alot either.. but if I have dims and it has to be a certain length and certain amount of area over that given length I can still make a sketchup model.

I've always wanted to learn about,and try a folded horn...do you know the basics?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

If you have a link for the folded horn that would be awesome.

Basicly with a 1/2 wave tline it works as making the speaker as close to 100% efficient as possible. Normally the sound wave that comes out of the back of the speaker is 180 degrees inverse of the front wave. What a 1/2 wave tline does is invert that wave to match the wave output of the front of the speaker. The draw back is that I need a crazy 21 foot port. Technicly with a 1/4 wave you're supposed to stuff the whole port with fiberfill.

I got all of this info from http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/446197-pv-audios-guide-enclosure-types-3.html

This has been the easiest to understand write up I have found.

Ideally from what Ive been reading the speaker should be on the same baffle as the port, which limits it to right or left side. I'm thinking a U shape for the port. The box does not have to take up the whole area.

From what I'm reading about folded horns the SPL gains are amazing but the response curve is very limited and looks un-natural.

This is also meant to be kind of a T Line testing ground for further theory and practice on the forums, as it looks like no one has really created anything like this before, especially on this scale (at least on these forums). I may try to make a little one out of a 10 I have laying around.

With the 21ft port you could have 1fold in it and easily fit in the 14ft you have.

Thats what the goal of this box is correct? to be a frame for you seating?

You have 112ft x 7ft x 16" to work with and its the 15" Boston g2 subwoofer correct? 21.63Ft long is for port length. Do you have the SD of the woofer in square inches? I can find that if you don't. Port and woofer have to only be on right side? or could they face back? Back would be easier because it would be easier to mount the woofer without affecting the SD of the port.

Ill try tonight and play with sketchup..see what I can come up with to meet the requirments.

Could you do the top of the enclosure a single layer...then do a second layer that is also your suppor tfor your seating..

Ill take a stab at building the entire platform..box included. 14ftx7ftx18"

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived