zaxfire69 Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 (edited) Here is a quick video of the first test runs I could do the other night. It was 30 degrees outside and speakers were cold. Voltage was dropping real low. I need more batteries. This particular run did 146 db on my Epic 160. Saw a 150 the other night when it was like 70 degrees outside. Anyway here is a quick little video. I am getting new memory card today so I will have better video hopefully later. If battery holds up in car. It is still cold down here. P.S. My rearview mirror hates bass. It will litterally fall off. Edited February 10, 2008 by zaxfire69 Quote
AI James Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 i always thoguht the cold was btter for DB numbers? i've seen people at comps have thier AC on for a while before thier run for this purpose. Quote
zaxfire69 Posted February 8, 2008 Author Report Posted February 8, 2008 ??? I don't really know. Mine sounds and acts better when it is warmer than 30 degrees. It did when I had one in the trunk. Also when I first started I had more charge on my battery. I really Really need more battery power. One battery just isn't enough. I would like to score 2 Kinetik 2400's and a good starter battery when income tax comes in. Thats the plan. I am gonna get a better daytime video today. Quote
AI James Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 another reason i would believe that colder is better is that Ray had a setup where AC blew directly on the VC's of his MT's. Also kinda like an engine cold air is easier to move then warm air. Quote
FieroGrande Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 Thats a nice clip! Lets see one on music bro! Quote
fourlug Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 I think temperature (as far as sound waves and wavelength goes, not system efficiency) matters mostly on the individual enclosure/alignment. Reason being is the speed of sound/wavelength. Temperature (hotter or colder) will change the speed, as well as humidity. This will change the reading (probably not alot) depending where you 1/4 wavelength is. Accordman, the reason he did that was for efficiency I believe, to keep the temperature down on the VC to keep impedance rise to a minimum; therefore the amps can run at a lower impedance which equals more power. Keeping the amps cool as everyones know is beneficial too (for efficiency reasons). Quote
Eric B Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 looks nice n loud, nice vid Quote 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
Ray Posted February 8, 2008 Report Posted February 8, 2008 I did it for a couple of reasons, colder air is denser, easier to compress, also keeps my coils from melting with 6k+ going to each woofer. Rise is kinda just a beni from having cool coils. Quote 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
David Posted February 9, 2008 Report Posted February 9, 2008 not really, cold air compresses easier, its more dense the denser the air the louder it will be. when its cold the air molecules dont have to travel as far to hit the next molecule, when its hot they have to travel further to hit the next one, so its not as loud becuase the system has to work harder to move the air. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.