96 impala ss temp sound system

The fun factor with a manual in that car would be worth it too me.

Plus I've only seen a handful of them converted.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

The t56 would be more fun and could go with 4.10 gears and still be on the 2k rpm at 80mph

The 80e will cost 4k for a built one

That's the thing, you don't need to build an 80e for a 500hp/5k lb car.

shift kit and a converter. Basically all you will need to hold 600hp. I know a shit fuck load of guys running a TransGo HD-2 in a BONE stock 80e with Circle D converters, and a Tru-Cool 40k cooler, with junk yard iron block turbo setups in F-body's making 800+ at the wheels and running low 9's.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

It's not horsepower that kills a transmission it's the torque. Trans builders and people who have been doing the swap thing say the 60e can do 610tq. GM rates it at 450to. The 80is 650tq plus the added weight robs horsepower

so you're wanting to put a big displacement motor that has gobs of torque factory with a transmission originally put behind a vehicle 2/3 of the weight of yours, that still couldn't handle the motor it was originally placed behind?

You're money man. You'll be regretting the 60e in a year when you replace it. Go look on LS1 tech, or Performancetrucks.net, and browse all the 4l60e horror stories, and how fast they swap to 80e's.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Actually thats where I got the information from. They said as long as I don't drag race or keep might right leg on the throttle I will be okay. Some people need to find better builders or take better care of their cars with keeping up with the maintenance. I'm not saying the 60e is better just saying it can do the job

By the way the people having issues are people who are racing. A 60e built can only do some passes that's a given. That part I do get but one things here is that I won't be racing on it and that's an advantage to helping it last longer.

If I would do passes then the 80e would be better. That I do know

There are 60e's out there in 1000+ hp cars so it can be done it's just how much you want to spend to do it right.

Power glide, problem solved lmao.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Actually thats where I got the information from. They said as long as I don't drag race or keep might right leg on the throttle I will be okay. Some people need to find better builders or take better care of their cars with keeping up with the maintenance. I'm not saying the 60e is better just saying it can do the job

Whats the point of putting all the money into the swap if you aren't gonna race it? Put a solid trans in it and beat the fuck out of it.

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Yeah.. But really a 60e has no place in racing. Even a built one has to be rebuilt at least twice a year. They do suck for racing applications. Street is a different story. Minor upgrades and it should hold. The bad part the minor upgrades require a complete rebuild

Archived