I just went Thursday to get my springs replaced and when I picked my car up something felt a little off but I didn't know what and just kinda figured it was just cuz they were new springs and it felt weird cuz of that or something... but now I got home today and something is definitely loose. I thought maybe they didn't tighten the wheels down all the way or something so I tried to tighten them down and they were tight but the entire thing shifted even with just me touching the wheel and moving my hand the whole wheel and whatever it's attached to shifted and shook. any ideas what is wrong and what to do about it?

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

take the car back and make them fix it

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

well yea of course that but right now I don't feel comfortable even driving it far enough to get it back there so was just wondering if there was something I could do temporarily so nothing falls off or something, or am I in any danger of something falling off

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Tierod ends , Ball joints.....front or back ?

back. they had to replace the strut on that same side also when they replaced the spring cuz it was shot... idk if that matters

My Build Log

Yeah IDK man. Did you change both struts..I heard you should change both if you cange one....Not sure if its true though.....Im sure someone will chime in with better awners for ya.....Suck though, i feel ya on that, if its not one thing its another...good luck

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Yeah IDK man. Did you change both struts..I heard you should change both if you cange one....Not sure if its true though.....Im sure someone will chime in with better awners for ya.....Suck though, i feel ya on that, if its not one thing its another...good luck

they just changed the one.

My Build Log

If you get a new strut/spring on one side, you need to match it on the other. If you don't the newer one will be more stiff and when you go over a bridge or etc. it will shift more of the weight of the car over to the older strut/spring and make it wear faster. I mean you don't HAVE to replace the other side, but expect for the other one to wear faster.

Sounds like a tie rod or some other support that goes to the strut. I had to take mine off when I replaced my spring/strut.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Go knock some heads together at the shop. You paid them to fix your car not break it

Archived