2006 Scion XB 2 SA12s and BRZ2100 4th order wall on Page 4

Just for future builds..if you use wood glue(i think you did in your pics) like tightbond 2/3 , and have a good joint, mechanical fastners like deck screws will do little to nothing but make holes you ahve to fill to get a smooth surface...glue joint is much strogner then a nailed/screwed together joint.

SInce you have a table saw if you are worried about strength on any bigger builds get a stacked dado blade and do some dado or rabbit joints....then it all fits together when you assemble and the joins are strong as hell.

Just trying to help..you did great on that box and I liek the wrap.. GOOD work man

huuh got pics man?

Pics of what? Dados? Rabbits? I used them on my T-line build I'll post a pic in a minute.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

IMG_20121119_165136.jpg

This is what I am talking about..Makes assembly easy and stronger glue joints.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Did you use router or table saw for those. My next box will definitely be built like that. Thinking about messing with a t-line myself for my 8s but can't figure out how to get all 3 of them in the space I have available without cancellation. Still working on it though.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Here is what may be one of the last updates ( I think I am about done with this build lol)

Installed Polk Coaxials in stock location in back (both those and the Type-S components are running on the kicker 300.2)

Made a trim piece with plexi/led Sundown window where stock floor used to be, and cleaned up all wiring. It has a flaw or two but this was my first time doing anything other than building an uncarpeted sealed box. I have done amp wiring kits in the past but other than that it was all prefab stuff. Flaws or not, it feels pretty good to say that I built it instead of bought it lol. Here ya go.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpgIMG_0339.jpg

I will try to maybe get a video up today. I don't get a lot of windshield flex but when you roll a window down it definitely pounds on your eardrum lol. And it is super cool watching those little 8s get down. I wish I could do a wall so I could watch them more :P but I have 2 kids and coach little league 4 nights a week so I have to have a backseat for sure.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Come on I know you could wall off that little section.

And supper clan install.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Lol actually I could wall off the hatch section, but I am not sure what I would gain from it. I could squeeze a couple more cubes of box most likely, but I would lose my amp rack area and that amp is too big to put anywhere else lol :P If I could wall it off, add an 8 (or 3 for a total of 6) and still mount the amp, then I would probably do it hehe. I have power to spare as far as the amp goes. But for now I am pretty satisfied.

Thanks for the compliments on the install, I spent about 13 hours yesterday cleaning everything up to make it look as good as possible hehe. And a huge thanks again for designing the box. As you can see from the above pics (compared to the first page) I also installed my Appradio 2 (7" touch screen). I actually did that a week or two ago but didn't have the right bracket so I got that cleaned up yesterday 2.

I am still looking at alternators since I still have some headlight dimming, and I will be putting the Sundown sticker on the back/side window now that the install is complete lol. Didn't feel right putting it on there until the work was one.

I am super impressed with how clean/loud it is for the small amount of $$ I have invested in it. I have paid more for less at shops in the past.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

vvideooo

Working on it lol, I just have to find some time to use my wifes phone, since mine has to be used to run my appradio 2 lol. I need a video camera bad lol.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Archived