2006 Scion XB 2 SA12s and BRZ2100 4th order wall on Page 4

Here is a video. I wish I had a set of SA-8s sitting around so I could compare them to the e8s lol. But the e series definitely does a pretty good job.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Looks like someone needs to have their roof deadened! ;)

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I do lol, when I deadened the rest of the car, I didn't bother with the roof because I didn't have a (or plan on having) a system. I just wanted a little quieter ride. the thought of pulling that headliner down isn't appealing lol. But if I get any further into this system, I will have to. I am thinking really hard about trying to wall off the cargo section (all seats have to stay in place) by essentially lifting a box similar to the current one about 12" off the floor and going subs/port foward. The only concern I have is that if I don't support it properly I have a 100lb+ missile sitting 5 feet behid me at head height lol. I don't have a welder and I want to keep the interior trim in as good of shape as possible for when I eventually trade the car in. If anyone comes up with ideas for this, pm me. I have a few ideas floating around but I am sure there are people with more experience/knowledge that have done something like this.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Awesome on 3 8" sa's

Those are the e8 series, I wish I knew someone with 3 of the sa series so I could compare them lol. But the Es get down pretty good lol.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

that is a KILLER little box! Fuckin love Sundown!

Thanks much. I am now a HUGE Sundown fan lol. I did a demo for a guy that works at the local O'Reilly's and he was pretty surprised that they were just 8s lol.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

I do lol, when I deadened the rest of the car, I didn't bother with the roof because I didn't have a (or plan on having) a system. I just wanted a little quieter ride. the thought of pulling that headliner down isn't appealing lol. But if I get any further into this system, I will have to. I am thinking really hard about trying to wall off the cargo section (all seats have to stay in place) by essentially lifting a box similar to the current one about 12" off the floor and going subs/port foward. The only concern I have is that if I don't support it properly I have a 100lb+ missile sitting 5 feet behid me at head height lol. I don't have a welder and I want to keep the interior trim in as good of shape as possible for when I eventually trade the car in. If anyone comes up with ideas for this, pm me. I have a few ideas floating around but I am sure there are people with more experience/knowledge that have done something like this.

A wall with possibly 6 8's would be insane. I would think you might have the 3 bottom mounted normal and the top 3 inverted. That is speculation without any idea how much air would be required. Port above all 6.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

A wall with possibly 6 8's would be insane. I would think you might have the 3 bottom mounted normal and the top 3 inverted. That is speculation without any idea how much air would be required. Port above all 6.

If I was going to go with 6, I would have to have moar power lol. The 3 I have are taking everything the hifonics 2100 wants to give them (at 1.3 ohm with voltage drop so they are probably getting like 1/2 of the 2100 if I had to guess). Also at that point I would be going for spl so I would need to get the sa-8s and I don't have the budget for them right now lol.

I am seriously toying with the idea of buying a 4th e8 if I wall that section off though. I think I can build the box portion easily I just don't know how I am going to support it and make it safe yet so I haven't even started the design part yet. From an airspace/port perspective 4 8s is an easy fit.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

Build log

Archived