bass4thetruck

Amp for 2 12" DC Level 3's

24 posts in this topic

I am buying 2 12 inch level 3s and i dont know where to start to look for a amp, i know that DC's subs can handle over the rms all day and i would like to run more then the 900watt rms but i cant tell if a amp is good. for example i know if it says 3000 watts but it doesnt say rms that its not really 3000 watts, but im looking for a good amp that is going to let me get the best out of my subs.

Why not buy a DC amp.... Lol... Just don't buy boss and planet audio amps for your subs.. please...

DC 2k

Why not buy a DC amp.... Lol... Just don't buy boss and planet audio amps for your subs.. please...

i am thinking about dc amp, i just ask a rep for the price and i know not to buy boss and shit like that

DC 2k

i was told not to run any more then 1.7k to a level 3

I am buying 2 12 inch level 3s and i dont know where to start to look for a amp, i know that DC's subs can handle over the rms all day and i would like to run more then the 900watt rms but i cant tell if a amp is good. for example i know if it says 3000 watts but it doesnt say rms that its not really 3000 watts, but im looking for a good amp that is going to let me get the best out of my subs.

If you don´t know if them are doin rated, look at the fusing rule by thump 100 amp of fusing = 1 K watt RMS.

I guess you a SoundQubed (before AQ) 2200 or a Crescendo 2 K, or the said DC 2 K.

i push my to the limits running 2 apsm 1500's to my lvl 3's with 4 coils

If you don´t know if them are doin rated, look at the fusing rule by thump 100 amp of fusing = 1 K watt RMS.

I guess you a SoundQubed (before AQ) 2200 or a Crescendo 2 K, or the said DC 2 K.

i was told to run no more then 1.7k though..

i push my to the limits running 2 apsm 1500's to my lvl 3's with 4 coils

what amp?

Who told you not to run more than 1.7K?

DC 2k is perfect for a pair of Lv 3's

You are talking about 2 of them right? A 2k would not even be as much as they could take. But would be just fine.

Who told you not to run more than 1.7K?

DC 2k is perfect for a pair of Lv 3's

2k to each would be fine?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By randy0025
      I need some help as I am installing some stuff into my 2012 Mazda 6 i sport.  I have a double din, and 2 amps.  The issue is I had 2 renegade amps installed and only needed to run a true 4awg wire to a block and then to the 2 amps. well those were not cutting it so i went and got a MB quart 800.4 for my door speakers and a Rockford T1500dbCP amp going to a JL audio 13w7 sub.    My big issue is my alternator puts out only 90 amps and i cant find a single place that will sell a HO alternator that is a drop fit into my mazda 6 and I didnt want to have to mod anything to get it to fit.   Can I keep the same stock alternator if I did the Big 3, and got a spare battery for the trunk? I am only asking this because I would figure from what I have read that the Big 3 and battery would be the very very minimum Ill need to push both new amps i have now, specially because i seen people saying they should have a battery for an RF 1500bdCP only and i have that plus the MB Quart 800.4 and a double din HU.     
      I would ask about a cap but from what i have read that wont help much anyways because they that just puts even more of a drain on my alternator when I cant upgrade that anyway(dont really want to unless I have too and have no choice).
      here is what I was thinking about buying to try but figured i would ask first and buy once....   http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74888_XS-Power-XP750-CK.html          and this         http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_86030_Belva-BBG3KT.html

Thanks for the help in advance, its much appreciated.  

• By randy0025
      Hello, I am new to the car audio as in really wanting it to sound good. I have a 2012 Mazda 6 with a JVC KW-V120BT Head unit, Renegade REN 1100s 4 channel amp, Renegade Ren 850s Amp, Single 12' Kicker Comp D122 Sub, kenwood KFC-C6895P 6x8's, and Power Acoustik EF-60C Component 6.5"s.
      What I really want to know is what I sent my LPF and HPF to on my 4ch amp and what I'll set my LPF on my Mono amp powering a single 12" kicker sub. From what I have seen online because I didst want to have to ask this question was that every speaker will have a different setting per what car its in, but what i want to know is a good starting point that I can start with without messing anything up before hand.
      Here is the specs of everything
      Kicker 12" comp D122, FR=27-500Hz, Peak 600watts-RMS 300watts, Sensitivity 88.3db, Impedance 2Ohms, Voice Coil Dual.
      Power Acoustik EF-60c, FR=65- 20,000HZ, RMS 125watts, Sensitivity 92Db, 4Ohm's, Passive crossover Included, 2way full range.
      Kenwood KFC-C6895P, FR=63- 20,000Hz, RMS 90watts, Sensitivity 88db, 4Ohm's, 3 way design
      Renegade Ren 1100s, Rear--HP is from 80hz-2k hz, LP is from 50hz-250hz, Bass EQ 12,6,0. Front-- has 80hz-2k hz.
      Renegade Ren850s, Has Bass EQ 0db-12db, Sub Sonic 15hz-55hz, Low Pass 40hz-150hz, Input level 5v- .02v
      I have the PA Components up front in the doors and the Kenwood 6x8's in the rear doors, and of course the Sub in a ported box in the trunk.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know I don't have a ton of money in my setup but of course want the best sound that I can atleast give myself. I will set the gains on them as that I can atleast do myself without help. also I know my head unit has a bunch of stuff built into it that I can do these setting on there, I just rather not do them on there as incase i lose power or someone messes with it and i lose everything saved. If anyone knows my HU and knows what it should be set that info would be helpful to. AGAIN Thanks for the help ahead of time...
    • By jonik1
      Hi!
      I'm rebuilding my Punto for next year events. I bought it 5 years ago so let's start from there:
      First system including Ultimate T2 12" subwoofer, Twister TW1000 "1000W" amplifier and Hertz low end 6,5" coaxials and JVC head unit.

Then there was Pioneer DEH-P5100UB head unit, better Hertz 6,5" coaxials with Focus Acoustics Formula FX-4150 amplifier, SPL Dynamics XTR-380D2S 15" subwoofer, Focus Acoustics Formula FX-1500D 1500W amplifier and Optima 55Ah battery.

In the next step I upgraded speakers to 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system, made bigger and better subwoofer box, added 20Ah BSB battery and some tuning parts.

Next I changed Kenwood KDC-BT92SD head unit, added another set of 6,5" Hertz Energy ESK163L.4 3-way component system speakers to rear, changed FX-4150 amplifier to SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 and 15" XTR subwoofer to Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15".

Then I upgraded the whole system and started to work with the interior. New system:
      Optima YELLOW TOP 55Ah and 38Ah batteries
      Focus Acoustics FX-2500D 2500W amplifier
      Focus Acoustics Black MK5 15D2 15" subwoofers x2
      SPL Dynamics ICE-150.4 amplifiers x2
      Hertz ESK163L.4 component speaker systems x2
      SPL Dynamics SPL-HD25T Horn Loaded Compressor Tweeters x2
      Match PP72W-D subwoofers as midbasses at front x4

To be continued in new post
    • By Bj3ll0
      So As i'm sure you all are, I myself are constantly upgrading my system and when i do, I retune it using my DD1 I have come to notice that when i re adjust the gains the system always seems louder from when i was listening to it prior to tuning it, even if i'm not changing out any equipment. Is it possible that because my amp is mounted to my box that the vibrations overtime slightly lowers the gain? or am I high.
    • By SonicElectronix
      With Christmas less then a month away, now is your chance to tell Santa what you want for the holidays! Are you going to ask for the Clarion Digital Sound Processor or are you sticking to a new pair of headphones to wear on the go like the noise cancelling Phiaton Cord MS 530? Let us know what's on your holiday wish list!
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 415 Guests (See full list)