Mechman Alternators

The new adjustable voltage boost module is now in stock and shipping!!!

The AVBM II is an easy to install module that plugs into the alternator and allows the user to monitor and adjust charging voltage via the in-car controller. The LED meter is extremely accurate, and easy to read with BLUE led back lighting.

Adjustment range is 14.0 to 19.2 volts, and can be used with 12 volt, 14 volt or 16 volt batteries. The AVBM II can also be custom ordered for multiple or universal style alternators. (additional fees apply for multi-alternator harnesses)

The AVBM II is proudly made in the USA, and comes with a 2 year warranty for just $179 shipped anywhere in the 48 states !!

Currently available for 1985 through 2004 GMs, non PCM controlled Ford 6G alternators, plus many more vehicle applications to come!

Here is a link to the GM 1996-2004 4 pin oval unit on our online store: http://store.mechmanhighoutputalternators.com/avbm-ii-for-gm-4-pin-oval-alternators/

WP_000468_zps6789b34f.jpg

If i installed the AVBM in my 2000 toyota camry that I have a gm 270 alt on what is the maxiimum voltage I could safely run daily? Batteries arge 12v agm.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

• 3 weeks later...

I have an AVBM on my 220A Mechman on a 2005 Scion xB and I find myself having to adjust voltage slightly from summer to winter, b/c in the winter the morning temps are cool enough where my cold voltage is 15.0-15.1V at startup and my JBL MS-8 does not like anything above 14.8-14.9V. It makes a funny screeching noise that is scary sounding until it heats up and the voltage drops down a little. Being able to adjust on the fly from in the cab would be awesome especially when parked and wanting to demo with a specific voltage. I have a Scan Guage II that gives me my real time voltage and intake temps and coolant temps plus other's if I wanted to monitor those. That voltage is always the same as when I put my Fluke DMM directly on my alt for readings, but I usually use both when adjusting my AVBM anyways. I would love to have a AVBM2 but I have nothing blue themed in my car and since I have the Scan Guage II I actually wouldn't need a readout at all.

Would it be possible to get just an in cab knob to be able to adjust on the fly?

Edit: I have a XS D3400 as well for a battery and big 3 and all that (actually way overkill in my setup).

Edited by bmxscion

• 1 month later...

wish i had an option for this on my 2000 dakota... sucks charging at 13.6 on a hot day but i guess my 12v batts wont like much more than that anyways

We don't have an AVBM II for a Dakota, but we do have an adjustable external voltage regulator that will do the same thing. It is an easy install on Dodge's of that era, here is a link to it on our online store: http://store.mechmanhighoutputalternators.com/accessories/external-adjustable-voltage-regulator-chrysler-dodge-jeep/

Do you have one for a 2003 Lexus IS?

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have one for a 2003 Lexus IS?

We sure do- We offer an AVBM II to adjust voltage for most 2002 and newer Toyotas, $179 each. Just give us a call to order - 1-888-MECHMAN

• 2 weeks later...