Second Skin Audio

Tips on vertically mounting a sub

I picked up my new HDC3 15" today and this thing weighs a ton. I'm mounting it in my truck, behind the drivers seat, with the sub facing the seat. I'm worried about getting it mounted though since this thing weighs so much. Any pro tips besides having a friend help hold the thing? If t matters I'm going to mount it with machine screws and threaded wood inserts. Thanks!

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Depending on how high up it is you can use your knee to hold it while you screw it in.

Easiest to start with one of the screws directly on either side. Put the screw.threw the basket and you can have the sub pulled away from the baffle to get the screw lined up. Get it started then rotate sub to get other side lined up

Team Flex Issues

never a bad idea to have a couple extra hands around.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

We got it in, took some muscle though. the cutout was really tight so the sub couldn't move much and the bolts lined up easy. And the box mounts to the floor from the inside, so I didn't have the option of flipping the box on its side.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Archived