Second Skin Audio

Check this crap out!!! Last page

The first cut is the deepest :)

I'll get to work shortly on this thing. Arizona is about to start getting hot so I'm going to make sure it's playing before it's unbearable. Plus Im really anxious to move some air and murder some lows.

Working in heat no fun! But playing loud n low is!

Uhhhhhh...laying down some paint just to see how much left I have to work on this thing.

Couple quick coats of flat black just to check on things. I ran the PISS out of it in a couple spots but it doesn't matter, its getting sanded down.

20130504_094448.jpg

20130504_094506.jpg

20130504_094459.jpg

20130504_094448.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My girlfriend is VERY VERY apprehensive about wanting me to do this. She's very attached to the truck and how it is now, and she thinks I'm going to be "hurting" it. I guess in essence, I kind of am, but it's for the better :)

As far as cutting the hole, I still have a couple of unknowns. Im not exactly sure how I want to run speaker wire to these subs all the way into the amp(I think I'm stealing an idea from the member on here with the new bodystyle Ram with the blowthrough).

I need to start setting some CONCRETE goals for myself and take a few days off of work and pound them out. I'd like to get couple of the Punch PRO tweets and knock out some door panels with some 6.5 or 8" Punch PRO mids as well. I love me some fiberglass works :)

It's coming along pretty good, what are the measurements of the port

Internal measurements for the port are 10" X 22". Pretty easy math there, 220 inches of port. I don't know why I wanted to double wall it, but I did :)

Why is the port so big? tuning on ported chamber is like 73hz also you have to be careful because when you make port bigger your losing more loading wall which is neede to build pressure. I know first hand myself because I thought I could gain more output if I optimized my port by making it bigger. What I found out is that I lost internal chamber pressure and dropped a couple DB. Even though the model will show you will be louder does not mean you will get real world results.

I didn't tune mine to 73, I tuned it to 49 Hz. You have to feed these things port area, therefore I to have a lot of surface area. 220 inches should be a good number. Im not modeling this enclosure in WINISD, Im going from known tuning that works for the vehicle and 4th orders. The sealed side should lend a LOT to the way this enclosure sounds and Im stuffing it as TIGHTLY as possible with Polyfill. I've done my homework on this enclosure and it really should perform well.

I didn't tune mine to 73, I tuned it to 49 Hz. You have to feed these things port area, therefore I to have a lot of surface area. 220 inches should be a good number. Im not modeling this enclosure in WINISD, Im going from known tuning that works for the vehicle and 4th orders. The sealed side should lend a LOT to the way this enclosure sounds and Im stuffing it as TIGHTLY as possible with Polyfill. I've done my homework on this enclosure and it really should perform well.

You know what's up...if its to much port! And "if" its easier to shrink ..carry on.

you're right I looked at it wrong. 49hz sealed right? and around 53hz ported?.

You know what's up...if its to much port! And "if" its easier to shrink ..carry on.

yes it is easier to shrink the port :)

Archived