The Official Computer Bullshitting Thread

anti virus software is sometimes lacking but to me it is invaluable

its saved a couple of my friends comps b4

and whenever my moms comp gets a virus im always blamed for it even though im never on it lol

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

for the most part antivirus just makes computer techs life easier. I mean yea i can manually disable it form starting and remove it form safe mode and all that but why wheni can press a button and a program will do it for me in half the time.

bet i can crash your mac faster then you can crash my vista

yeah prolly so, but it seemed like I was getting shit in my computer even with macafee (sp?) every couple of days and had to do a safe start up and virus scan and quarantine all kinds of shit. And as I mentioned, I dont do much of anything besides surf the net with it. My girl uses it for her artwork, so we got the photoshop and illustrator and extensis suitcase and some kinda cad program, I can't use any of it cause I havent taken the time to learn, but she is a wiz at that kinda stuff, and she has to be with her school work and freelance stuff she does from time to time. When I use it, all I do is click on the fire fox trash, and upload a few pics from the camera once in a while.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

post-360-1203374216_thumb.jpg

whats wrong with my windows update?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

yeah prolly so, but it seemed like I was getting shit in my computer even with macafee (sp?) every couple of days and had to do a safe start up and virus scan and quarantine all kinds of shit. And as I mentioned, I dont do much of anything besides surf the net with it. My girl uses it for her artwork, so we got the photoshop and illustrator and extensis suitcase and some kinda cad program, I can't use any of it cause I havent taken the time to learn, but she is a wiz at that kinda stuff, and she has to be with her school work and freelance stuff she does from time to time. When I use it, all I do is click on the fire fox trash, and upload a few pics from the camera once in a while.

mcafee and norton are major system hogs. norton can find things but mcafee cant find shit

the problem i have with norton (other than slowing the comp down) is sometimes it finds things but wont let u do anything about it

Norton:virus found

Me: DELETE!!!

Norton: i dont know how :huh:

Me: WTF!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

get it

i used AVG (which is a free program) and it worked very well

honestly most firewalls will keep all viruses out

anti-virus only finds viruses if u get one

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s