Second Skin Audio

bigger box question

Ryan929

Your knees are going to hate you. so will your ears...

I dont mind my ears hating me but my knees wont be so much fun but i think it will be worth it lol

video man

When i get it in i will for sure i still have to put the front on

Hey how do i seal up all the edges for the front once i put the front on

Pretty difficult to do, better make sure the baffle sits perfectly in the surfaces and braces is going to be glued on, predrill, and apply evenly a good amount of glue before screwing.

Now looking at your last pic, it seems that the back panel does not assemble with the bottom panel like in the cutsheet, it doesn't actually matter as long as the external dimensions of the box are as specified, but make sure that's the case or it won't work as expected. Also don't glue the baffle whthout proper bracing in place.

the back piece is 1/4 inch too longand the bottom piece is screwed to the front of the back piece i thought thats how it was supposed to be? and how do i get the baffles in i know cut the hole but do i just glue it in or what?

That brace can be 5" tall. Make sure to do all braces.

Here is how it is supposed to be assembled:

Slant_zpsc3ee3df8.jpg

I think you have the back piece sitting on top of the bottom one and not like in the figure, if that's the case I would need to do new calculations for the new box and likely change the ports.

Archived