Audio Control Overdrive Line Driver (is it worth installing)?

Like the subject says. It came with my car and the old stereo that was installed which got upgraded pretty fast.

It consisted of a Pioneer Primere deh-p630 headunit (i think) a kicker kx1200.1 with the line driver, and a kx650.4.

Im now running an Alpine CDA-9833 headunit (4volt preamp I think), and a SPL Dynamics EXT-3000D currently without the line driver.

~Would I gain anything by reinstalling the line driver?

~If I installed Overdrive again, how far can I go with the input gain on the line driver?

Theres 5 lights on it, 1 is a red power, then a yellow light that is for maximized, then 3 green lights for 7.5v 5v and 2 volt.

~Im kinding figuring that if I use the line driver again, Id have to lower my amp gain since my preamp voltage would increasen a lot.

~Would installing the line driver make my amp work a lot less or be better for the amp since the gain would be lower? I wouldnt think so, but just checking.

Thnx

Not real sure if it would make your amp perform better, but by installing it like you said you'll have to turn your gains down, which in return will keep your amp from clipping, which can cause un wanted bass ( disortion ).

I have this dream of this underground culture in mind, coming to life through the Audio that I build, Deep Perfection.YUKON'S SITEhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397609

i'd leave it in broham. turn your h/u up 3/4 of the way and have the gain on your linedriver at min. and then slowly turnup the gain on your overdrive and you should see the lights light up. believe me it'll add some bass and a better signal along with keeping your gains low. now invest in the audiocontrol 3.1 and that's another story.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

well it's just a linedriver and nothing more, that's it. the audiocontrol 3.1 is a lindriver, crossover and equalizer all in one and you can normally get one for around $250 - $300 ..... but you're paying for three things all in one. the overdrive cost anywhere between $90 - $115. i'd definitely leave it in unless you want to invest in something more.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

• 1 month later...

it made a ton of difference in my homie's car. he was running a stock h/u with a rca converter, he had no preamps whatsoever, that linedriver put a halt to that.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Archived