Need some help with mids

shogen

Thanks man. I'm glad you did to! I learned a little something more

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

You mentioned horns? What kind? Veritas, Crystal, Image dynamics? What compression driver are you using? Full body or mini horns? I would cross the flutes over as low as possible. 1200 is good for the mini's. 800hz for the full bodies. They work great IIB so make sure the holes are sealed up like Randall mentioned and they should sound pretty awesome. It would be cool to see another horn setup. So few people run them anymore.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

You mentioned horns? What kind? Veritas, Crystal, Image dynamics? What compression driver are you using? Full body or mini horns? I would cross the flutes over as low as possible. 1200 is good for the mini's. 800hz for the full bodies. They work great IIB so make sure the holes are sealed up like Randall mentioned and they should sound pretty awesome. It would be cool to see another horn setup. So few people run them anymore.

They are going to be the MH that Eric Stevens is currently selling.... I was actually thinking of 1.5-.1.8k @ 24db OR .... going 4k-5k@ 18db ..... I was wanting them so bad I was really about to order the bodies and compression drivers from partsexpress... but the body was like 14" w and 6 or 7" in height.... lmao... would've gotten kicked by the gf and other passengers.... lol

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Also, for now I am going to use my mb quart 124.4 for the setup... but I'll eventually put my gt2125 back in .... use the GT2125 for the horns and the mb quart bridged to the mids.... so about 60w for horns and 125w for the mids.... gains will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY low for always.... lol

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

You're welcome Sir ... Glad i could help

Horns sound GREAT when installed and used correctly ... Wish there were more out there too.

They take ALOT to tune though ...

Most people nowadays only use them to "Keep up" with larger sub bass systems, but in all honnesty, was never what they were meant for ... on one particular forum, the "Go to answer for keeping up with big bass" is a pair of horns and multiple 8s ...

Thats why I do not post over there much any more cause I think its bullshit. There is SOOOO much detail in a set of horns, it takes really trained ears to tune them properly ... I wish I had a pair to experiment wtih ...

Horn drivers are meant for great sound when installed and tuned properly ...

Sorry for my small rant on this, Shogen, I know that is your home forum and I did not mean any harm. Hope you don't get mad at me for this ...

Where did ya pick up the white foam ?!!

Not sure, Ray at Linear Power ordered it for me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I hear ya randall. I am going back to an IB setup soon but i was never loud anyway lol. They do take alot to tune but I have got mine where they sound pretty awesome but have a ways to go. Shogen; I looked into the horns on PE too but they wouldn't work as well as the ones Eric made. I have heard everyone tell me that the mini's sound better because they couple to the lower side of the dash better than the full size do. I would use a piece of cardboard or abs and cover it with some felt so the transition from the horns to the lip of the dash is smooth. It will make a huge improvement in stage height. I would recommend the compression drivers I use but PE doesn't sell them anymore:(

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

So are we thinking the door is enough air space for 2 - 8" mids maybe? I mean, not my ultimate plan but a possibility ...

You're welcome Sir ... Glad i could help

>You mentioned horns? What kind? Veritas, Crystal, Image dynamics? What compression driver are you using? Full body or mini horns? I would cross the flutes over as low as possible. 1200 is good for the mini's. 800hz for the full bodies. They work great IIB so make sure the holes are sealed up like Randall mentioned and they should sound pretty awesome. It would be cool to see another horn setup. So few people run them anymore.

Horns sound GREAT when installed and used correctly ... Wish there were more out there too.

They take ALOT to tune though ...

Most people nowadays only use them to "Keep up" with larger sub bass systems, but in all honnesty, was never what they were meant for ... on one particular forum, the "Go to answer for keeping up with big bass" is a pair of horns and multiple 8s ...

Thats why I do not post over there much any more cause I think its bullshit. There is SOOOO much detail in a set of horns, it takes really trained ears to tune them properly ... I wish I had a pair to experiment wtih ...

Horn drivers are meant for great sound when installed and tuned properly ...

Sorry for my small rant on this, Shogen, I know that is your home forum and I did not mean any harm. Hope you don't get mad at me for this ...

Where did ya pick up the white foam ?!!

Not sure, Ray at Linear Power ordered it for me ...

No worries Randall... I don't have a loud substage... currently 1 - 15" Xcon sealed.... will be running off a JL 500w for now... I'd like to not have to raise the volume so much and I'm tired of the limitations of a standard tweeter and hoping the horns bring me more headroom ..... especially with 101db sensitivity .... my tweets now are nice sounds but they take a bit to get moving even after messing with placement... I've noticed they sounded louder at 2k point but they don't play loud enough, volume has to be put up more and the sub was lowered down to match at that level..... so I'm looking to get nice authority without cranking anymore... know what I mean?

I hear ya randall. I am going back to an IB setup soon but i was never loud anyway lol. They do take alot to tune but I have got mine where they sound pretty awesome but have a ways to go. Shogen; I looked into the horns on PE too but they wouldn't work as well as the ones Eric made. I have heard everyone tell me that the mini's sound better because they couple to the lower side of the dash better than the full size do. I would use a piece of cardboard or abs and cover it with some felt so the transition from the horns to the lip of the dash is smooth. It will make a huge improvement in stage height. I would recommend the compression drivers I use but PE doesn't sell them anymore:(

Well everything is new... so it comes with the body and driver like Eric had intended.... so I'm hoping to see a nice improvement in front stage quality.... I'll have lots of time to install/tune hopefully as my new job is weekends only... and I'm going to do this slowly... still have to figure out if my old as amp developed a hiss or my grounds are bad.... lol .. I is soooo lazy right now

Archived