Unreal Engine 4 PC/PS4 Comparison Demo Video

I knew that the 720/PS4 etc. would be dated as soon as they came out. What's new? Don't buy a console. Seriously, don't. Not for you, your kids, or anyone else!

It has it's demographic. Some people just don't want to deal with the complexity of setting up a rig for something like this and just want to sit down and turn it on and have at it. It still has its place. But yes, seems outdated right out the get-go. But it has to retain it's price-point somehow.

They finish designing these consoles long before release, they just can't be modern. I know what they cater to, that's the problem, it's a majority market that holds back software development because of its decade long hardware cycle. I suppose I see what you're saying about the price but isn't that why everything gets shitty eventually? LOL

To be fair not everyone can afford to upgrade every year or two. That is why consoles will always be the biggest sellers.

It's convenient in a world of convenience.

You can build a gaming PC for less than the cost of a new console that will crush said new console until the next generation comes out.

I'm gonna hate

• 2 weeks later...

I knew that the 720/PS4 etc. would be dated as soon as they came out. What's new? Don't buy a console. Seriously, don't. Not for you, your kids, or anyone else!

It has it's demographic. Some people just don't want to deal with the complexity of setting up a rig for something like this and just want to sit down and turn it on and have at it. It still has its place. But yes, seems outdated right out the get-go. But it has to retain it's price-point somehow.

They finish designing these consoles long before release, they just can't be modern. I know what they cater to, that's the problem, it's a majority market that holds back software development because of its decade long hardware cycle. I suppose I see what you're saying about the price but isn't that why everything gets shitty eventually? LOL

To be fair not everyone can afford to upgrade every year or two. That is why consoles will always be the biggest sellers.

It's convenient in a world of convenience.

You can build a gaming PC for less than the cost of a new console that will crush said new console until the next generation comes out.

No. I spent $1300ish in parts on my gaming PC for just the tower and it may be "better" than ps3, but my ps3 can handle new games that come out while my PC is struggling with some D3/SC2. Used to be able to play on max settings and now I have to turn em down and still... yeah.

I'm just worried that the new consoles will only cater to graphics

If you've seen previews of the new consoles, it's going to focus on connectivity. Things such as, in a sense, bringing Facebook and Twitter into the gaming world. Like always staying connected, allowing you to do everything on the console that you can do on a computer (as far as the web goes), things of that nature. They're trying to make the console....the television of the past. Everyone circles around the TV to watch... well now, they want consoles to be that thing. Turn it on and able to do almost anything. Updated graphics from what's out now, for sure, but it'll be more-so focused on everything being connected and such.

Sheena = pedobear

I really don't agree with that video...

The PC one is running on a GTX 680. That card ALONE is already at the price of the PS4 console, give or take $100... A true comparison would be a PC with the same general spec as a PS4.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

pc is always going to be better.. but consoles are more streamlined as far UI goes. easier to use. dont blue screen/ get infected.. all that stuff. I was a pc gaming, builder o/c'er for years, and eventually you get tired of the short life cycle.. spend thousands on top gear spend hundreds of hours tweaking pushing testing.. only to have your investment depreciate in a matter of months.

A keyboard and mouse will always be more precise, and there will always be more options on pc. But the controller is sooo much easier w/o worry, just game

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s