Even if you get it to fit that box is gonna be too small for those subs. You said in the other thread that it's just under 3ft^3 but by time you figure in woofer and port displacement you're going to be around or under 2ft^3. I would either go with 1 12 or better yet sell/trade those for 4 smaller 10's. I've built boxes for single cab s10's and every one that tried bigger subs ended up coming back and having me build a new box for more, smaller subs and got much better results.

im saving up for a amp now and am going to see how it sounds with one. but have you built boxes behind the seat of a regular cab s10 b4?

It's been a while but yes I've done quite a few in single cab s10's and other single cab small trucks. The last one I remember doing was a single cab Isuzu pup and he was set on running 2 older 12" RE SE's so I built his box and it didn't sound too bad. A few weeks later he came back and wanted it louder so he finally took my advise of going with more, smaller subs and bought 4 10" Memphis PR's (he wanted them because he liked how they sounded in my truck) and it was way louder. There wasn't enough room for the RE's so they were not being used to their full potential. With the 10's even though they were cheaper subs that took less power they were able to be used in a box much closer to what they needed and the end result was a much louder and better sounding system.

damn.... im kinda wishing i got the 10" level 3s now...

Other than gaining a little due to box size you would still be trying to fit the same size motor in there which means a deeper box to fit it and running into the problem of the subs hitting the back of the seat. If you got rid of those and went with a couple level 2's you would be in better shape for the space you're working with.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Other than gaining a little due to box size you would still be trying to fit the same size motor in there which means a deeper box to fit it and running into the problem of the subs hitting the back of the seat. If you got rid of those and went with a couple level 2's you would be in better shape for the space you're working with.

alright ill give this one a try and if i dont like it ill sell for 2 level 2s. thanks a TON!

I honestly think your pissing in the wind bro. All you have to do is install bucket seats and build a center console box and problems solved. Why do you refuse to listen? I'm mean IMO that's the only way you can fit those subs in that truck with proper airspace Nd it be drivable. Realy bro do you want to be sitting in your dash just to keep from putting bucket seats? I'm not trying to be a dick just trying to help you .

Archived