best bang per buck alt

lol back when i had my corolla, i had bought an ebay "160" amp alt. its turn on speed was higher than the idle of the engine while in Drive so i would sit at stop lights in the low 12's with the music on pause. hit the gas when light turns green, spikes to 16 and drops back to 14. my stock 70 amp alt charged a whole volt higher (14.8 vs 13.8 ).

ebay alts use stock casings with beefed up internals. stock casings arent meant to dissipate twice to three times the current. leads to hotter internals, shorter alt life, and the possibility of being stuck on the side of the road with an alt thats on fire.

edit: forgot to mention the stock alt made my stereo louder than the ebay alt.

if I had the money definitely would get the mechman alts nothing but good things about it.

:morepower1:

trust me I wish I had a 200amp alt to feed the t1000bd amp one bump from the 2 sd-2 10 volts goes from 14.4 to 10v

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

just so you know OP, generally the more money you spend on an alt, the higher the quality it will be. meaning internal components, etc.

I agree with Kranny on this. Stay the fuck away from Power Bastards lol

if I had the money definitely would get the mechman alts nothing but good things about it.

trust me I wish I had a 200amp alt to feed the t1000bd amp one bump from the 2 sd-2 10 volts goes from 14.4 to 10v

wtf? thats ridiculous. your battery must be getting old, or half of your alt is dead. your alt is like 136 amps isnt it?

wtf? thats ridiculous. your battery must be getting old, or half of your alt is dead. your alt is like 136 amps isnt it?

no its 90amp alt its like 30-40 amp at idel I can get a 150alt from oreillys I just have to pay the different from my alt.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

no its 90amp alt its like 30-40 amp at idel I can get a 150alt from oreillys I just have to pay the different from my alt.

a 90 amp alt still shouldn't have that bad of voltage drop. unless maybe you're clipping the shit out of the amp.

my 70 amp alt in the corolla held 12's and 13's with an aq1200 and rf 200a4. my buddys 70 amp alt in his camry holds 12's and 13's with an aq1200 and alpine 4 channel.

is your big 3 done? something is seriously wrong if you're dropping that low...something is abnormal.

Archived