best bang per buck alt

I was looking for an alt 4 my 02 yukon. I was lookin at iraggi 380amp alt for 500. Is this company up and running good now? I have read some bad stories from a few years back. Or who else makes a better bang per buck alt.

it depends what you want from a company.

basically just MY opinion.

1. DC- most advanced alts, subpar customer service, unless your in cali then you can visit them.

2. Mechman- great alts, bullet alt (brand spanking new), great customer service

3. Singer-great alts, awesome pricing, fast customer service and feels extremely person in an awesome way.

no experience with any other brand.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

it depends what you want from a company.

basically just MY opinion.

1. DC- most advanced alts, subpar customer service, unless your in cali then you can visit them.

2. Mechman- great alts, bullet alt (brand spanking new), great customer service

3. Singer-great alts, awesome pricing, fast customer service and feels extremely person in an awesome way.

no experience with any other brand.

This^

Except I like mechman the best ;)

if I had the money definitely would get the mechman alts nothing but good things about it.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

not to threadjack, but what is the difference between some of these ebay alts and the ones that cost 2-3x as much? Ie... for my car I can buy a 160a denso alternator (160a at 1200 rpm, 80a at 600 rpm) for less than $200 on ebay. Mechman quoted me like $450 and said that I would need a different sized belt, and would have to do some "minor grinding" to make it fit lol.... Not bashing, but that seems like a crappy deal.. The slightly higher amperage denso is a direct fit for less money. They also quoted me like $550 for a 240a that would "slip like crazy under load"

High Output Alternator​s wants $650 for a 170a alternator but didn't say if it would actually fit or if I had to mod things to make it work... btw that $650 quote is for a denso alternator... which I can buy on ebay for less than $200.

The mechman I can understand (other than them not offering anything that actually fits) but the other confuses the crap out of me lol. If they are both made by the same chinese manufacturer, is the $650 a ripoff, or is the $200 broken lol? The company with the $200 one is http://acealternators.com/

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

not to threadjack, but what is the difference between some of these ebay alts and the ones that cost 2-3x as much? Ie... for my car I can buy a 160a denso alternator (160a at 1200 rpm, 80a at 600 rpm) for less than $200 on ebay. Mechman quoted me like $450 and said that I would need a different sized belt, and would have to do some "minor grinding" to make it fit lol.... Not bashing, but that seems like a crappy deal.. The slightly higher amperage denso is a direct fit for less money. They also quoted me like $550 for a 240a that would "slip like crazy under load"

High Output Alternator​s wants $650 for a 170a alternator but didn't say if it would actually fit or if I had to mod things to make it work... btw that $650 quote is for a denso alternator... which I can buy on ebay for less than $200.

The mechman I can understand (other than them not offering anything that actually fits) but the other confuses the crap out of me lol. If they are both made by the same chinese manufacturer, is the $650 a ripoff, or is the $200 broken lol? The company with the $200 one is http://acealternators.com/

quality, customer service, actual ratings.

ebay rates their alts at high RPMS.

sooo even tho they claim 200 amps, you prob wont get it until 6k rpms

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

quality, customer service, actual ratings.

ebay rates their alts at high RPMS.

sooo even tho they claim 200 amps, you prob wont get it until 6k rpms

If at all. You need to skimp somewhere when making an alt that cheap. Plus it's like the 1000 watt rating on sony Xplods. Just because it says it doesn't mean it will do it.

And IMO I wouldn't run Singer if you have a non GM car. All of his "smaller" ones I've seen fall flat on their face at idle. As in: less output than the stock alt

if I had the money definitely would get the mechman alts nothing but good things about it.

:morepower1:

Archived