Audio Technix OVERSIZED Silver Tinned 0GA

In the future I'm going with welding cable just for the better jacket.

All the Knu 4ga under my hood was discolored and looked like the jacket was warped from heat. I DON"T route my wire by anything hot at all...it was jsut from the ambient temps inside the engine bay..which IMO shouldn't be a problem...but apparently was. So if I see the wire I replaced it with do the same(SHCA&AudioTechnix)..I'm going welding cable.

//back on topic

OP skip the CCA..you will just replace it later.

IMO...you can't afford the difference between hybrid wire and Welding 1/0...you should probably look into doing a low power system..because how can you afford a Alt and batteries if you can't afford a few bucks on wiring? My 2cents...(doubt its worth that)

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

In the future I'm going with welding cable just for the better jacket.

All the Knu 4ga under my hood was discolored and looked like the jacket was warped from heat. I DON"T route my wire by anything hot at all...it was jsut from the ambient temps inside the engine bay..which IMO shouldn't be a problem...but apparently was. So if I see the wire I replaced it with do the same(SHCA&AudioTechnix)..I'm going welding cable.

//back on topic

OP skip the CCA..you will just replace it later.

IMO...you can't afford the difference between hybrid wire and Welding 1/0...you should probably look into doing a low power system..because how can you afford a Alt and batteries if you can't afford a few bucks on wiring? My 2cents...(doubt its worth that)

i never got the "hybrid" wire lol

you can find a 50 foot spool of 1/0 (slightly smaller than car audio 1/0) of welding cable for 120 and like chris stated its jacket is super thick

personally if i had the money to spend id would have got SHCA 1/0 OFC its thick as fuck and close to the same price of welding cable

and one last thing

wasnt it proven that fuses/terminals/lugs/distro blocks/ect all had added resistance on a system!?!?(not enough to cause any MAJOR ill effects) wonder why 90% of peoples toolmaker/project DB/homemade distro blocks and dual inputs are made out of aluminum... if it adds SO MUCH resistance you think people would shit talk them/the company and argue everyone into buying solid virgin copper or straight pure silver (ohh yea because the added cost out weighs the benefit)

this thread got side tracked and sorry its mainly my fault lol

but i figured id stick up for CCA this time someone else can take the job next thread

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

2 runs of CCA is better than 1 run of OFC, Alpine proved that.

Wait, what? Is there some definitive testing done somewhere? This, I would like to see (kinda like the 0AWG Vs 0AWG thread comparisons :D)

I'm just saying 2/0AWG (70mm2) is rated @ 500A and it's cheap. It will also fit 0AWG amp terminals... Plus, you know it's not 20% tin; for example

Same goes for all car audio wire really. I mean, how the fuck do we know the REAL quality of it? Food for thought though...

Wait, what? Is there some definitive testing done somewhere? This, I would like to see (kinda like the 0AWG Vs 0AWG thread comparisons :D)

I'm just saying 2/0AWG (70mm2) is rated @ 500A and it's cheap. It will also fit 0AWG amp terminals... Plus, you know it's not 20% tin; for example

Same goes for all car audio wire really. I mean, how the fuck do we know the REAL quality of it? Food for thought though...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154847-ofc-vs-cca/page-2

you would have to do more digging on it if you really want to see the results or pm him

160s with ALL CCA... switched to OFC and ZERO gain

/thread

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I don't think people will ever agree on it. It's like the whole 'best oil' thing.

I will say though, if you run OFC, you don't have to make as many runs which, in the limited space of a car can be an issue for some. That and the fact that most CCA is 20% thicker than that of an OFC run... I remember somebody running 2 huge aluminium bars from the front of the car to the back (underneath) I think cost was most likely the issue here.

I'm not anti CCA or a OFC extremist, but I do know what I'll be using for years to come.

dont forget the bottle neck effect. The conductor on the amp is only capable of flowing only so much current. Same goes for the battery. Exactly how much current it is capable of flowing is determined through trial and error. There are people with 10 runs of OFC and they add one more and gain output. I personally run OFC because it is better. There is NO doubting that fact.

There are too many factors that determine if CCA will be as good as OFC...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154847-ofc-vs-cca/page-2

you would have to do more digging on it if you really want to see the results or pm him

160s with ALL CCA... switched to OFC and ZERO gain

/thread

lol at that. I'm not arguing at all, both cca and ofc have their uses. But 60's with cca isn't really a point.

Alpine is smart, he would have used enough runs for the current he was pulling regardless of which he used.

Edit: Just read the other thread where he said same amount of wire. Interesting.

Anyone know what current he was pulling and how many runs?

I like threads like these.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

CCA is nothing but marketing hype people are easily sucked into with the larger diameter wire over the other competitor, but if you were to use actual standards that welding wire is held to then your buying 4/0 cca to achieve the same carrying capabilities of 1/0 ofc. Again the choice is a personal preference and people will choose what they think they want or like, for my money i will use something that can survive construction site abuse on a daily basis.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Not going to jump into the "pro this, against that" argument between CCA and OFC. I think all considerations taken, they both have a place...Personally, my build will consist of both. People talk about OFC and CCA ampacity ratings like they are set in stone. This size copper (or aluminum), spanning this distance, has an ampacity of "x". Given individual circumstances that "general" rating can be off. Much more goes into a given rating than just conductor material and length. The type of insulation it has, working invironment it's used in, how it's ran and temperature all play a role however large or small it may be it still can make a difference.... Just saying.

Archived