Second Skin Audio

DOUBLE LAYER OR NO?

Doing a box for 4 10" re audios prolly gonna run 2000+ watts rms my ??? is should i double layer the box, just the part where the subs are, or do i need to double layer at all?? any help is greatly apreciated!

mercury milan
1x SA-15
1x db Drive 1000.1d
1x db Drive 80.4
nexus 7 in dash
fosgate in doors and deck

Id imagine youd get alot of help if you posted in the right section

What are the dimensions of said box?

It would never hurt to do it

deminseons are still in the works however its predicessor desighn was 52w 11d 24h (all in) thinking about makeing a slanted box and inverting the subs on the top a few designs are bouncing around the noggin

mercury milan
1x SA-15
1x db Drive 1000.1d
1x db Drive 80.4
nexus 7 in dash

im thinking re sex but depends on the electricals i want re sxx doing about 4krms

mercury milan
1x SA-15
1x db Drive 1000.1d
1x db Drive 80.4
nexus 7 in dash

Depending on the subs and if you do any bracing or not, Id say youd be better off doing a double baffle with a brace in the middle would be perfect for you. As for a slanted box with inverted subs, again depending on the subs I'd be afraid the subs would make the box topple over...Lol

Depending on the subs and if you do any bracing or not, Id say youd be better off doing a double baffle with a brace in the middle would be perfect for you. As for a slanted box with inverted subs, again depending on the subs I'd be afraid the subs would make the box topple over...Lol

lol im bolting the box to my wall i have a ext sonoma and want maximum bang with minimum room thats why i thought slanted :)

mercury milan
1x SA-15
1x db Drive 1000.1d
1x db Drive 80.4
nexus 7 in dash

Yes that would be correct. Just double layer where the subs are mounted (baffle) and brace if needed

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Oh ok you can do a nice build in that truck, I assume your ext. cab is that 3rd door kinda thing? If so you got plenty of room where you don't need to do a slanted box. There are a couple guys I've seen on here who have done some crazy installs in those trucks without doing a blow through. As for bracing, all you'll need is a threaded metal rod 4 washers and 4 bolts. Then cut the rod to fit in between the top and bottom of the box then bolt it down so it doesn't move.

Archived