Okay so I guess I'll post up some updates, just in case anyone cares...

Got a little bit done over the last few days, check it out!

Started on the rear door panels, because until they are done, I can't move forward with the wall. So here we go!

First here are the front doors empty.

100_3511.jpg

100_3512.jpg

100_3514.jpg

I will make the back ones the same way, except no speakers or plexi window.
Just flat panels. Here we go! So first up I made a trip to the hardware store for some wood../

100_3515.jpg

Wait what's this? Another PT? Yes that's right I have two, the silver one is my daily driver, the gold one well, you know ;)

100_3516.jpg

So first I separated the inner panel from the outer ones, just like with the front ones. I forgot to get a pic, here is the outer shell in place.

100_3508.jpg

Also, this shows a lil problem I wasn't expecting. The baffle will be going over the door right where the handle is...
So to solve this problem I will just remove the handle. Don't really need it there anyway.

100_3509.jpg

So to get started I took the inner panel, laid it out as a template, and traced the pattern.

100_3517.jpg

Then after getting them both right, it's jigsaw time!

100_3518.jpg

Sweet, now to clean up the inside of the outer panels for a nice clean fit!

100_3519.jpg

Got to remove the handle for a clean finish. They actually make these to be removed and replaced if necessary. I'll probably use that feature on the front ones!

100_3522.jpg

All gone!

100_3523.jpg

100_3524.jpg

More on the way....

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

So now it's time for test fits

100_3525.jpg

Everything's good, now for the second layer. This time it's MDF (for a cleaner edge w the round over)

100_3526.jpg

100_3528.jpg

Now how about a nice clean round over...

100_3531.jpg

100_3532.jpg

100_3534.jpg

Here they are on the doors (test fit time)

100_3535.jpg

100_3536.jpg

This will be much easier to get to seal up IMO...

100_3537.jpg

100_3538.jpg

100_3539.jpg

And that's about it for the moment.
I still need to mount these to the doors(I will use t-nuts just like the front doors), cut out the spots and fill them in.
Then they will be ready to be wrapped! Vinyl is setting in my closet waiting to be used.
After that it will be time to cut the baffle!

Thanks for lookin', much more up ahead!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

man u got me inspired to start my 2nd box on my pt . i am going to build my 2nd of 3 boxes this week end .it will be a very slow prosses .just want to make sure it comes out clean like ur build . ill have to find my old build log and post pics in there .. hey on a side note if i send u my door pannels how much for u to do them lol j/k .. keep those pics coming

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

It's looking great man, this is my favorite pt build I've seen so far

Thanks! :drink40:

man u got me inspired to start my 2nd box on my pt . i am going to build my 2nd of 3 boxes this week end .it will be a very slow prosses .just want to make sure it comes out clean like ur build . ill have to find my old build log and post pics in there .. hey on a side note if i send u my door pannels how much for u to do them lol j/k .. keep those pics coming

Thanks man! And for real, if you want me to build you some doors just hit me up, we can make it happen. You wouldn't have to send them to me, I could just build them and send them to you, but you would still have to mount them to your doors yourself. I could build you whatever you want for about 600 - 800 per set, that would be parts and labor, including vinyl wrapping. You would have to supply your own equipment, as well as pay for shipping. Just let me know if your interested, I have a set of s10 doors waiting for me to build this coming week, and could start on them after that. I am actually in the process of trying to open up my own shop now doing exactly that! :detail:

Looks great just guna have front stage no rear fill?

There is a small rear fill, (2) - 4" and (2) - 5.25" Kicker KS 2-ways, all powered by a Alpine KTP-445 "Power Pack" (45w x 4 RMS).

They go in the b pillar where the seat belts used to be. The new seats have 4 point harness.

I just don't think it needs any more than that, the car is so small, especially once the wall is in.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

very nice work, love the doors.

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's feedback! Definitely helps my motivation!

I have a few new pics from yesterday, but I'll probably just wait till tomorrow to post them up.

Today I'm gonna try and finish them up, which will include wrapping them.

Then the first part of this build will be complete (rear doors) ...

Time to find out how good I am at vinyl wrap!

Then I got somethin' else in the works for more power, like maybe a second alt... :morepower1:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived