PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Very nice progress buddy! Sorry I didn't see sooner, I was out helping Jon Rabe yesterday. Took a trip to reno to visit some folks and his shop. Got some cool pics of the civic and truck to post up later!

Keep doing work man! I love this!

Thanks brotha! No worries, I always know you will be around when you can! And damn I am jellous, wish I could go hang out with Jon or Rusty, or YOU!

I really need to think about moving...

Anyway cant wait to see the pics!

the doors are looking great!

Thanks man, I appreciate that!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Unfortunately i wasn't able to meet Rusty or Anna but saw Rob before he left for the show in Bakersfield. Great people man. Dont have many pics but ill post what few I have tomorrow.

Wish you could get out here too. Be cool to meet you.

Ok back to work! Lookin good!

Well I have some updates.
No vinyl wrap, cause I decided to wait until I'm ready to wrap everything. (Wont be too much longer)
Plus I got into a little more work than expected.
So anyway check it out!

To start with, I needed to cut the mounting points for the rear doors.
These need to be various thicknesses in order to allow the inner panel to set properly inside the outer panel.
So I broke out the scrap wood and went to town!

100_3540.jpg

And of course I forgot to take pics of the backside, but here you can tell what I did.

100_3544.jpg

Here they are in the right position.

100_3545.jpg

100_3547.jpg

Next step was to remove the armrest mounts and fill in the void.

100_3550.jpg

100_3551.jpg

Kitty Hair to fill the void

100_3553.jpg

100_3554.jpg

All taped up ready to be filled...

100_3555.jpg

1st layer

100_3557.jpg

1st layer sanded, ready for 2nd layer

100_3560.jpg

Forgot to get pics of 2nd layer, now it's time for some filler

100_3563.jpg

First coat of filler is on.

100_3564.jpg

100_3565.jpg

Test fit

100_3569.jpg

100_3570.jpg

1st layer of filler is sanded.
100_3576.jpg

Now they just need one more thin layer.
More on the way....

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

After thinking about it long and hard, I decided to completely delete the rear door handles. I was gonna just put a piece of plexi in it and paint it, but I want them to look like they came this way, and I think this is the best way to make that happen. A lot of work for a very minor detail, but hey that's what makes the difference sometimes.

100_3580.jpg

Now that's a hole...

100_3581.jpg

So then I broke out the poster board to make a backing.

100_3585.jpg

I got the kind with the guide lines.

100_3586.jpg

Ready for some Kitty Hair.

100_3587.jpg

The poster board worked perfect!
Gives it the proper shape.
(I left the gap on purpose, so I could cram Kitty Hair down in it real good)

100_3588.jpg

100_3589.jpg

Backside

100_3590.jpg

Other door

100_3591.jpg

100_3592.jpg

First layer

100_3593.jpg

100_3594.jpg

100_3595.jpg

100_3596.jpg

Then befor adding the second layer, I cut out the armrest spots in the front doors, and prepped them for a layer as well.
Also, I sanded down the first layer on the rear panels. Then it was second coat for the rear panels and first coat for the front ones.

100_3600.jpg

100_3601.jpg

100_3602.jpg

So that's where I called it a day. Now I just need to finish up body work on these panels, and then they will be finished and ready to be wrapped. Which will wait till it all gets wrapped (soon). But after I finish body work, I will go back to the wall, and finish off the bracing and front baffle!

Stay tuned! And thanks for lookin'!!!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Nicely done. I was worried about the size of that door handle hole but it worked out well.

Just throwing this out there, but to look completely uniform, I think you should delete the front handles, put door poppers in, and call it a day! :peepwall::drink40:

Keep it up, ready for more!

Two PT's?! Lucky duck:P

Good work, hopefully my next wall will have half the emphasis on detail that yourself does.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Does kitty hair stick pretty good to plastic? I know there are few body fillers out there that stick well if at all. I've used some that even after preping the surface it didnt seem to stick that well and it was made for plastic. Great build by the way Ive been following for a long time!

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

Nicely done. I was worried about the size of that door handle hole but it worked out well.

Just throwing this out there, but to look completely uniform, I think you should delete the front handles, put door poppers in, and call it a day! :peepwall::drink40:

Keep it up, ready for more!

Thanks man! Funny you say that, I was just thinking the same thing. Now is the time to do it if I want to...

Got to say buddy one of the best builds ive een on here for a long time as a installer i know the amount of hard work gone into that bracing most guys would just use a few lenghts of 2' by 4' and be done!! keep the good work up

Thanks! Yeah I can't say I didn't think about it, but I wanted this to be something with a lot of details! ;)

Two PT's?! Lucky duck:P

Good work, hopefully my next wall will have half the emphasis on detail that yourself does.

Thanks man, just take your time, don't let anything make you get in a hurry. You can do it!

Does kitty hair stick pretty good to plastic? I know there are few body fillers out there that stick well if at all. I've used some that even after preping the surface it didnt seem to stick that well and it was made for plastic. Great build by the way Ive been following for a long time!

Thank you! The Kitty hair does pretty well, about the same as flex filler IMO. I am trying to make a "sandwich" layer out of it, by grinding the cut edge on both sides. That seems to help it hold better.

Also, an old trick I learned a while back is to fill your hole, then purposely bend the whole piece causing the patch to crack. Then you take some ca or even just super glue, and give it hell! Then you cover with a little body filler, and if done right, it will never ever come apart.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Archived