Second Skin Audio

1000w rms to a Sundown E-10, Safe?

hayden55

there is a point at which moar power doesnt gain much. even if you print money and dont care if you blow subs, there will always be a point where the gain is no longer proportional to the power it took to get there.. not mentioning the stress on the equipment.

but for a daily application why do it>? theres no point get a dif sub. chasing numbers is one thing, wasting time and money is another

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

The sub CAN'T do anything with all that extra power except turn it into heat

No.
Please enlighten me what an E series sub will mechanically do DIFFERENTLY with 1000 W RMS over the rated 300 W. I'd love to hear it. You think there will be a noticeable difference on a meter, or to the ear for that matter? I bet you will get a coil that experiences a LOT more heat than it can handle, plus a sub that can't mechanically handle it either. So you have taken the lifespan of a sub and thrown it out the window.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The sub CAN'T do anything with all that extra power except turn it into heat

No.
Please enlighten me what an E series sub will mechanically do DIFFERENTLY with 1000 W RMS over the rated 300 W. I'd love to hear it. You think there will be a noticeable difference on a meter, or to the ear for that matter? I bet you will get a coil that experiences a LOT more heat than it can handle, plus a sub that can't mechanically handle it either. So you have taken the lifespan of a sub and thrown it out the window.
Lol umm yes it will be louder on the meter and ear.. people double and tripple and double the power again for burps... and have gains even if the sub can only handle (rated by the manufacturer to cover their asses) 1000rms but is getting 6k+

Obviously the sub isn't mean to be ran that way but its been done you know this

Yes their will be heat.. but that doesnt mean thats all it will do lol

Sounds like the guy that claimed NO.. I repeat NO subwoofer "can utilize anything more the 1500rms" 3 inch 8 layer flat wound or 4 inch coils.. doesnt matter. (To that guy)

@op get a sub thats rated for the power if you have to ask if its ok to run over the rms.. or just wire it to a higher impedance and make sure to watch for warning signs that its being over powered

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

a sundown e series isn't going going to do magical things with 1000 Watts on it, period. And you can't GUARANTEE an increase on the meter or by ear by running triple RMS to a sub, it's all subjective, and BUILD specific

It's like the guy on YouTube running an NS-1 on a couple of Sundown SA-8 subs...what's the fucking point? I DON'T understand this big appeal to throw double and triple RMS ratings at subs for daily use. It's not gaining much, just equipment that will last fewer hours than intended

It's like the guy on YouTube running an NS-1 on a couple of Sundown SA-8 subs...what's the fucking point? I DON'T understand this big appeal to throw double and triple RMS ratings at subs for daily use. It's not gaining much, just equipment that will last fewer hours than intended

so you are saying that the e series wont get louder with more than rated power??? this must be a rare sub....

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

a sundown e series isn't going going to do magical things with 1000 Watts on it, period. And you can't GUARANTEE an increase on the meter or by ear by running triple RMS to a sub, it's all subjective, and BUILD specific

Cuz running a hdc3 18 on 2k is crazy?!?!?!?

Or 5k on a sp4 18 !?!?!

We all know these companies rate their shit lower so morons dont run more power than normal and think the gain knob is the volume control

And yeah its subjective on the build and many other variables but saying "oh its a waste all you ger is heat.you wont gain anything. Bleh bleh bleh." Is just fucking stupid

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

Go to bed right now

Archived