Second Skin Audio

1000w rms to a Sundown E-10, Safe?

hayden55

1000w rms to a Sundown E-10, Safe?
Friend has bought a ^ and he wants to know if he can run 1000w clean power to it.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

maybe...maybe not depends on enclosure and if he can keep the power clean not to mention if the coil and/or former can handle the heat

ooh and box rise

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

If it's 100% clean power, and it's in the right box, and you friend understands that overpowering subs means that you can't crank the volume and hope for the best, than yes. But I wouldn't exactly call it safe. Not at all. That's way too much power for that sub. Honestly get an SA-10. It's much better suited for that much power

3 dB which is barely noticeable.

I'm going to disagree with you on this. IMO it's very noticeable. At least as far as bass goes.

But that's not really helping OP. I digress

I think we can all agree that running that much power to an E series isn't that great of an idea. You could probably do it if you know what you are doing, but you are pushing the absolute edge doing so. It wouldn't even be great for daily. Having a sub that you can only turn up for 10-15 seconds at a time then having to turn it down for a minute or more while you wait for it to cool gets really old after a while. Been there, done that. Trust me

Not really that safe and not really worth it as you would only gain about 3 dB which is barely noticeable.

Goin with Snowdrifter... 3 db is deffinatly noticeable

And 3db is just a theroy

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

What's with all this overpowering of subs lately. The sub CAN'T do anything with all that extra power except turn it into heart, which is lost efficiency. Extra heart is a good way to have a sub fail. You will gain NOTHING sending 1000 Watts to a sub that can only handle 300 Watts. DON'T DO IT. By a sub that handles that power.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The sub CAN'T do anything with all that extra power except turn it into heat

No.

Archived