Active Capable Head Units; Options

the new alpine cde hd149bt is active capable through a program you download on to your smart phone. It's the deck that i'm going to get when ever it comes out.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

the new alpine cde hd149bt is active capable through a program you download on to your smart phone. It's the deck that i'm going to get when ever it comes out.

Ill check it out. My phone fucking sucks though, so how is it without using a phone?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Not capable of active without the smart phone from my understanding. It's a little more expensive than the 80prs but I like my alpine decks.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

someone showed me this HU the other day (think it was james) which might be a nice optioin aswell

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43929_Clarion-CZ702.html

Also, my current HU is a JVC SH1000 and im running 100% active from it.... was a top-o-liine hu back in 07/08.. My fav HU ive ever owned. That is until i get my hands on that new alpine above :clapping:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

If you can find a P880 or P800-PRS they are closer to the P99 than the P80 in the SQ department. Lacking some modern features like Bluetooth without add-ons, however.

EDIT: Just read that your phone sucks, if that is the case you should have no aversion to an older model. I don't use my phone for music either, namely because it sounds like shit sending a pre-amp signal to a head unit pre-amp to a power amp...

If you have a boner for Alpine/Eclipse or something else entirely pretty much any active capable deck should hold its own.

I'm gonna hate

So, what exactly is it that makes a head unit capable or not?

You can set the pre-outs to only output one band of frequencies.

e.x.

pre-out 1 L+R low -20Hz-80Hz

pre-out 2 L+R mid - 80Hz-2KHz

pre-out 3 L+R high - tweets 2KHz+

That way you don't need an outboard crossover of any sort you just give each driver its own channel right up to the tweeters :)

I'm gonna hate

Archived