how much more before the hatch glass breaks? I think its 130db easy

Glass flex is ok, auto glass has a vinyl layer in between two sheets of glass. What breaks it is when the metal around it flexes to much or bends then your in trouble sucka lol

laminite layer only on front and rear windows safty glass on the sides

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

It's an American vehicle so I'd be more worried on when bolts will pop out, chassis coming apart, trunk lid flying off, and the seats getting sucked out of the windows at 30mph.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

• 1 month later...

Glass flex is ok, auto glass has a vinyl layer in between two sheets of glass. What breaks it is when the metal around it flexes to much or bends then your in trouble sucka lol

I'm going to disagree with you on that..I think you are talking about windshields tempered glass is different

On the DB table, it claims that it takes 163db of sound to shatter glass, now there are so many variables to throw in there as well though, whats it attached to, whats what its attached to doing, blah blah ect ect,

Each car im sure has a different breaking point, based off of different variables, but its got to be very loud regardless

It doesnt take 163 DB to break a windshield... Where the fuck did you hear that? I've never heard that... I havent been doing this stuff that long though, only about 22 years... Mine shattered at 160 and change... I think it was 160.3...

It's an American vehicle so I'd be more worried on when bolts will pop out, chassis coming apart, trunk lid flying off, and the seats getting sucked out of the windows at 30mph.

Comodian... slightly chuckled at that...

VbjgkeI.jpg

xs.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I'm going to disagree with you on that..I think you are talking about windshields tempered glass is different

On the DB table, it claims that it takes 163db of sound to shatter glass, now there are so many variables to throw in there as well though, whats it attached to, whats what its attached to doing, blah blah ect ect,

Each car im sure has a different breaking point, based off of different variables, but its got to be very loud regardless

It doesnt take 163 DB to break a windshield... Where the fuck did you hear that? I've never heard that... I havent been doing this stuff that long though, only about 22 years... Mine shattered at 160 and change... I think it was 160.3

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153335-ultimate-spldb-table/?hl=%2Bthe+%2Bultimate+%2Btable#entry2286069

XS-power1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Seen 144.* flex a lot less than that with no deadener in a hatch

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

Only the windshield contains a layer or laminate. The rest is tempered including the back glass.

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

And you have a decent amount of flex for sealed, looks good!

Car: 2000 Honda CRV

Battery: XS Power D5100R

Alternator: Stock 90A

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS

Front Speakers: Alpine Type S

Rear Speakers: JBL GTO 628's

Wires: All Knu 4g. Soon to be 0g. Big 3 in 0g

Volt Meter: SMD VM-1

Amps: Rockford Fosgate T400-2, T1000-1bdCP

Subs: 2 SSA XCON 15's Sealed

Tint: Privacy glass + 5% in the back and 25% in fronts

Archived