soundstream15 Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 I installed deadening on my rear deck and changed out the 6x9s the stock ones where so shitty! Now they sound good but I have a stock monsoon amp that is powering them, it seems to be giving them some major bass for Sony lol but when the bass hits, my subs and speakers hit at the same time, obv and it sounds like shit! Just so weird and I hate it so I'm gonna upgrade my front stage. So should I worry about the rear
OrionStang Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 You don't need rears. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
ncochran Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 Maybe tweak crossover points? I have an 06 xB and noticed a major improvement in overall sound quality (measured by ear) after replacing the factory speakers in the back. I used some cheap Polk 6.5s powered by a kicker 300.2 (that amp also runs my type-s components) and was surprised at the improvement. 2006 Scion xB 2 Sundown SA12D2 Ported at 32hz 147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL) Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet) Hifonics brz2100 Alpine Type-S Components Kicker 300.2 Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca Optima Blue Top 3 e8s ported at 32hz 135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz 135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol) Build log 'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said: May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.
soundstream15 Posted April 14, 2013 Author Report Posted April 14, 2013 I can run a 4 channel but if I don't need rears then no point? Thanks Orionstang
8ight Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 I personally do not like rear speakers, they draw the stage back and create another tuning mess. I only recommend replacing factory rears (or having them at all) if it is for the passengers to enjoy. I can run a 4 channel but if I don't need rears then no point?Thanks Orionstang How is there no point? More channels is never bad, run active! I'm gonna hate
soundstream15 Posted April 14, 2013 Author Report Posted April 14, 2013 I see what you saying. I can run the rear when I get a 4 channel but if I don't need them then I won't. I'll just run the front stage. I also need to upgrade those
8ight Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 I see what you saying. I can run the rear when I get a 4 channel but if I don't need them then I won't. I'll just run the front stage. I also need to upgrade those If you plan on upgrading to separates (components) up front I highly recommend you take the money you will save on rears and invest in a nice four channel amplifier anyhow. Going from a passive crossover network to a active crossover network is one of the biggest upgrades you can afford your mids/highs besides deadening. I'm gonna hate
soundstream15 Posted April 14, 2013 Author Report Posted April 14, 2013 I wanna install 6.5s up front along with new tweeters
8ight Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 I wanna install 6.5s up front along with new tweeters If that is the case and you feel up to it install them so that each driver gets its own channel (tweeters on two 6.5 mids on the other two) and use the amps built-in crossover or some outboard electronic crossovers (if the amp doesn't support the correct crossover frequencies) it will sound much better than using the included crossovers. I'm gonna hate
Smoove Posted April 14, 2013 Report Posted April 14, 2013 I think rear fill is a preference. It annoys me not to have it. But coax 6x9's are probably not the best answer. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.