My tahoe came with no nameplates on it, so a member from the TYF forum sold me all three of his. He debadged his truck and took them off so they don't have adhesive on the back...Whats the best way to adhere the letters to the car, and most importantly adhere them to the car so they don't fuckin fall off randomly one day and I look like a jackass...

Well long story short I got a new hatch for my jeep and I ordered a new Jeep badge off ebay for 3 dollars and it said the adhesive was included on the back. I was thinking about using super glue or something similar if the adhesive didn't seem like enough, but I'm not sure what to use either as I want it to stick like you said but not take off paint if it needs to be removed I guess. Sorry I couldn't help you any but I'm kind of in the same situation as you.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Well long story short I got a new hatch for my jeep and I ordered a new Jeep badge off ebay for 3 dollars and it said the adhesive was included on the back. I was thinking about using super glue or something similar if the adhesive didn't seem like enough, but I'm not sure what to use either as I want it to stick like you said but not take off paint if it needs to be removed I guess. Sorry I couldn't help you any but I'm kind of in the same situation as you.

I was just told to use this stuff to stick em on...so I'm goin that route

I was just told to use this stuff to stick em on...so I'm goin that route

just make sure that both surfaces are CLEAN, and make sure it isn't cold outside. the heat wont affect it too much, but it can have an effect. id say put it on when it is about 75 out and you should be good to go

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

3m from homedepot the gray double sided tape with red plastic covering it.

Put it on the emblem then use a razor to shave off the excess then pull the red plastic off and attach it to ur car.

I did that on my scion it has held up amazingly

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Just don't use 3m emblem and adhesive glue whatever you do. Shit makes paint bubble.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Yup the 3m grey as stated above clean all old adhesive off of the old embelems, it helps to have some masking tape to help line everything up cause once the 3m makes contact with anything it wont let go. The 3m iz what the factoty uses and will last probably longer than the car.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

I pulled off the Civic emblems from my car to paint them, I glued them back in with super glue and they haven't fallen off since. Just putting that out there.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

I use 3m Automotive tape and a heat gun when I fuck with badges. They stick back on like OEM

Archived